Normal Topic Rain? What Rain? (Read 3011 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Rain? What Rain?
10/21/03 at 08:05:52
Quote Print Post  
I went out on Washington Yesterday (monday) and got skunked I had to stick within trolling motor distance.

I tried to run up the lake but after a 1/4 mile my helmet fogged up so bad that I couldnt see. Then my glasses got wet and made things worse. So I am not sure where the fish were but they were not hitting anything under I-90.

Has anyone had any experiance at running in the rain? With Glasses?

Jim

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Re: Rain? What Rain?
Reply #1 - 10/21/03 at 13:00:20
Quote Print Post  
Hey Jim,
  Actually, I dont wear glasses, but in my "murdercycle" days, I thought RainX inside and out of the visor seemed to work pretty well.
  Sorry about the fishing, we all knew there'd be days like that!!!!!!  Good luck.      RON

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/21/03 at 13:06:56
Quote Print Post  
I use Scott ski goggles espsecially made for wearing over glasses.  They are not expensive and I don't have any fogging problems. Roll Eyes

Smitty
Wink

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/21/03 at 14:09:28
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, I think I will try the rainx trick then if I need to I will get the goggles

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/21/03 at 16:43:54
Quote Print Post  
The RainX works for me Jim.  Also the Ski goggles are a very good idea as they are made to go through wet weather.

Did you fish right under the bridge or did you venture out to the sides.

BillB

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/21/03 at 19:21:21
Quote Print Post  
Maybe the trick is to run so fast that the friction from air pressure steams the outside of your visor dry as you run. Roll Eyes

As an ex-biker, I always used to open the visor just a crack - that helped.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/22/03 at 03:12:21
Quote Print Post  
Maybe if you stayed out a little longer and your boat would have filled up and sank...allowing you to submarine around the lake...........would not need a aqua view then, let alone a rod! Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/26/03 at 06:51:28
Quote Print Post  
Running in the Rain?
You Betcha! One July 3rd, after work, I ran up to Lk. Union under threatening skies. About 7:30pm, after it had been raining awhile, I came back out. Sat under the West end of the 520 Floater, got my lights up (just because visibility wasn't great, it wasn't dark, tho), snugged up the rain gear, and headed off to Coulon. Came out of the no-wake and looked at my watch. I couldn't quite run WFO south of Mercer Island, and I was legal under the E. Channel Bridge. In 18 minutes, I had tied up to the dock, ran across the parking lot to the far corner of the Renton resident permit row, and got into my old Jimmy. Next thing I did was look in the mirror to see if I was bleeding. Those rain drops sting! I don't recall any fogging, but the raindrops will always be a problem. Sometimes you can just turn your head a little to get some different airflow to solve the fogging issue. Quit breathing so hard! Exhale out the side of your mouth, to keep your moist breath off your glasses.  Undecided C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/27/03 at 15:14:23
Quote Print Post  
Jim, remember we talked about the Lasik surgery.  Best thing since Senkos.

Rich Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo