Normal Topic Hamby's ? (Read 2703 times)
Terry
WBC Member

Hamby's ?
09/08/03 at 03:05:15
Quote Print Post  
Where does one get one of those nifty Hamby's put on?  Anyone?  Preferably west side.  Thanks

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Hamby's ?
Reply #1 - 09/08/03 at 03:14:49
Quote Print Post  
I'd check All Marine in Nisqually.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/08/03 at 04:01:03
Quote Print Post  
Terry,

They also have a do-it-yourself bumper that you can buy for considerably cheaper than having it done professionally. I don't know much about it, though, the other one may be better...

Here is the link for them:

http://www.hambys.com/

It also has a link for nearby dealers.

Chris

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/08/03 at 12:40:22
Quote Print Post  
I got mine at All Marine in Lacey.  I'll not own another boat without one.  Mine cost just under $400.00 in July of 99.  It is sooo great to be able to pull up on the ramp to drop someone off to get the truck and not have to worry about scraping anything.  That occasionally gets some weird looks from other boaters too.  Grin

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/10/03 at 04:31:47
Quote Print Post  
Dont know if you are describing the brand name Hamby or the item that protects your hull....some call it Hamby even though it is something else...I have a Keel Gard and it is only about 299 I believe at Nixons but i got the boat sale price or something....Very Nice as Smitty said.

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/10/03 at 13:00:38
Quote Print Post  
As Larry suggested there are several different manufactureres of keel protection products available, including some do-it-yourself models.  The reason everyone calls them Hambys is because Hamby was the 1st manufacturer to offer such an item and they set the standard of quality that others continue to emulate.  The major difference between the other dealer installed models and a Hambys is the type and density of the cushioning material and the method of attachment to the keel.  All use one form of glue or epoxy, however the Hambys is forced into position, held there under pressure and allowed to cure at least 24 hours at room temperature before being released back to the owner.
As a side note, my 1st encounter with a ramp after getting the Hamby installed was the concrete ramp at Scootany.  This ramp at low water is as rough and jagged as any in the state and I was alone.  Nothing to do but ease the boat up on the ramp and get the trailer when it was time to leave.  When I backed the boat off the ramp to load on the trailer, I gritted my teeth as it drug across that nasty concrete pretty hard. Shocked  However there was absolutely no evidence of a grounding when I inspected the guard after the boat was on the trailer.  Since that day I have beached the boat on numerouse concrete ramps in low water around the state. Blythe, and Lind Coulee at the Potholes, both launches at Riffe lake and several on Lake Shasta to name a few.  To this day ther is not even a rough spot on that guard.
Hambys!! No other guard goes on my boat! Grin

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 09/11/03 at 01:42:26
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys.  It turns out Angler's Marine does Hamby's also.  A little closer.  I'll probably get it done pretty soon.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #7 - 09/26/03 at 04:08:19
Quote Print Post  
You WUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Keep your boats out on the water where they belong and you wont have to worry 'bout skrachin'um!!!!!!
     DA PREZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo