Normal Topic Ka-Powwww-sin (Read 1433 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Ka-Powwww-sin
08/11/03 at 03:44:33
Quote Print Post  
Rich Loth and I hit Kapowsin on Saturdy in the little boat... what a phenomenal looking piece of water!!!! As soon as we hit the lake I just had the feeling it was gonna be a great day's fishing. Have I ever been wrong? HAVE I EVER!!! (at least in terms of size)

Well, to be honest we did have a lot of fun, and cught 20 or 30 fish - but they were mostly Red-eyed Rock Bass and a few dinky largemouth. The launch was about as nasty as I have ever seen at the "resort" we had to lower the boat down a 30ft plank "slide" into the water (the normal method of getting the boats out is tie a strap to them and use your truck to drag them up the slide). We tried everything from the overhanging trees around the shore, dollar pads, stumps in 8-12ft right upo to the deepest section of water at 25ft!! Senkos, Tiki wave worms and french-fries ruled the day.

All credit to Rich who ran the front of the boat all day and fished like a trooper, catching the only Perch, only Trout (a nice chunky 1lb) and the largest Largemouth of the day (1-1.5 lbs) as well as a collection of Rockies and dinks.

It's a lake I would really like to fish a lot more, maybe we could have a fish-in there some time, we could rent a bunch of little boats and have a blast I think!!

See you at Roosevelt!!

Faz

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Ka-Powwww-sin
Reply #1 - 08/15/03 at 13:18:26
Quote Print Post  
Faz,
You coudn't pay me $10,000 to put my boat in that lake again. I don't know which ramp it was but several years ago a friend and I took his boat and when we came back to the launch to take out the wind was so strong it blew me on that stump that was right in front of the ramp. I couldn't beleive it I was high cenetered on that stump for over 45 minutes. The stump at that time was wider than the 21 ft Ranger I was in. And you couldn't get out and try to push it off because the water was over your head. maybe we should look at fishing Harts lake. It has a bunch of 3-6lb fish in it with an occasional 9-10lber in it.

Faz no hard feelings for trying something different just always caught dinks in there and don't want to get caught on that stump again.
Russ

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/19/03 at 23:18:28
Quote Print Post  
I agree Russ, I wouldn't dream of putting the Nitro in there...but the little plastic boat handled the stumps great.....if we hit one we just bounced off and kept going. I also agree with what we found "dink city" with loads of Rock Bass and even a perch and trout.

It's just that the lake looks so phenomenal, there must be something bigger in there somewhere.

They do have a bunch of small electric only boats for rent, I think they're $12 per day...

Anyway, just an idea.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/21/03 at 16:49:19
Quote Print Post  
Hey here is an idea......a fish-in with no boats!....we all go down and rent boats....all of us Non-Boaters.......and have a try at Kapowsin!! I'm good for Sunday?? any takers??maybe the 30th?? I know you want too!! What better way to see whats in there!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo