Normal Topic Soap Lake (Read 1844 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Soap Lake
08/19/03 at 13:31:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey there,
If you've ever been curious if Soap Lake has any fish in it, read on.  I tried looking for information on the web and found nothing.  So I contacted Jerry Vice, Chairman of the Soap Lake Conservancy for answers.  His response:

"There are no fish in Soap Lake because of the high concentration of dissolved minerals.  There are plenty of life forms in the lake, however, so the lake isn't dead in any sense.  In fact, some of the life forms are so unique that NASA is studying them for possible use in detecting signs of life elsewhere in the universe. 

Most of the life forms are small invertebrates (for example, very small Brine Shrimp, which are visible), rotifers, bacteria. "

Now you know, the REST of the story!

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Re: Soap Lake
Reply #1 - 08/19/03 at 14:21:18
Quote Print Post  
Glen,  you must be Psycho..er ahhh..I mean Psychic..yeah that's it.  Jim and I were talking about that as we came by there.  Of course I would imagine that all "bass fishermen" talk about and think about lakes that they drive by as to how it is for fishing (bass that is).

But most of us don't have the free time, yeah ..right, to just go cruisin' the net looking for info.

But really, thanks for the information.  I am sure there are several people that have wondered the same thing but then forgot to pursue the thought. Grin

Rich

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/20/03 at 14:42:18
Quote Print Post  
thanks Glen... I have always wondered.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/21/03 at 16:45:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virgil.......since this lake is home to "Small Invertibrates"....maybe you have family nearby?......HE HE HE HE..........

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/21/03 at 17:24:14
Quote Print Post  
LMAO! Good one, Sullivan.

Love ya, V-Dub.

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo