Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) One lure fishing? (Read 5926 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

One lure fishing?
06/13/03 at 20:54:15
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone think it is possible to fish (with success) with one lure in every time of year and every lake?

If so what would it be?

Do you agree or disagree with this article?

http://www.bassresource.com/features/jig_bass_fishing.html?eb
« Last Edit: 06/13/03 at 22:14:04 by »  

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: One lure fishing?
Reply #1 - 06/13/03 at 22:42:12
Quote Print Post  
Well, for me, without even going to the web link and seeing what they said.  I would have to pick my one lure as a jig.  Extremely versitile, it can cover a wide variety of depths, speeds, and presentations.  Hopped on the bottom, dragged on the bottom, vertically flipped and pitched.  Swimming it thru cover. Ripped off the bottom.  Vertically jigged.  It can be spiced up with any type of trailer.  Definitely my choice of an only lure.  But then, what would all the tackle manufactures do????  I consider being verstile much more important than thinking about one lure.  Again, presentation to achieve the strike is the name of the game.  I don't care what the lure is.
  Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/13/03 at 23:01:11
Quote Print Post  
For Washington state I would have to say for me it has been a carolina rig, can be fished with a lizard...a grub ...a centipede and having the ability to adjust the length of the leader makes it very versatile...

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/13/03 at 23:20:26
Quote Print Post  
Hi Jim,

I am probably with Mark and the article when it comes to choosing jigs as one of the most versatile lures we have available to us. I love 'em!

To answer your first question... I would say, "No." BUT! I believe you could probably narrow it down to maybe three baits and always have success.

Chris

IP Logged

BassingWoman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/23/05 at 21:43:44
Quote Print Post  
Grin  A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO YOU ALL!  I am researching all the posts here.....finding LOADS of GREAT
info for beginers!

IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO LEAVE THE OLD INFO ON HERE -
AS IT'S NOT OLD TO ME AND OTHER NEWBIES!!!!!!

PLEASE LEAVE ALL YOUR OLD POSTS  HERE FOR US BEGINERS TO SEE, READ, & LEARN FROM YOU!!!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/24/05 at 16:44:13
Quote Print Post  
I found that a grub has been pretty versatile for me this year. You can drag or hop it on the bottom. I also had strikes as it was falling to the bottom, and you can swim it through various depths with good action from the tail. I caught large and smallmouth on it this year. It works when the bite is tough too. Much like Mark was saying about the jig. It probably wouldn't be as effective in other states, but is good in Washington.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/24/05 at 19:05:02
Quote Print Post  
Jig - anytime, anywhere.  Just trying to find the color that triggers, but they work and generally a bigger fish.

kh

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/25/05 at 03:09:50
Quote Print Post  
It all depends on which part of the country your fishing. In the south it would have to be a crankbait. Here and in the north it would have to be a jig. YOu can swim it arattically or fish it slow. Everyone should try fishing a jig like a spinnerbait. I caught a fish doing it last year. Even ask the Mr. Payseno. It was awsome. Best strike I've ever had.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/25/05 at 03:37:55
Quote Print Post  
Jig N Pig, Jig N Pig, Grin Grin Wink Smiley
Need I say more. Have caught over 100- 5+lbers on it .
Nuff said.
RB

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 01/25/05 at 04:45:46
Quote Print Post  
Quit bragging Russ. It from all those years in the south.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/25/05 at 05:47:59
Quote Print Post  
I agree with Rob - in this part of the country, you can't go wrong with a grub.  Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall - it catches fish all year.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/25/05 at 16:54:49
Quote Print Post  
Well I would almost have to argue against the crankbait in the south Nick. A great bait, don't get me wrong. I love them, but cover is so thick in spots that you would have better luck with others, especially if you only had one. Now southern CA is different than the "South." If I was in the south, I would say the jig or a Texas-rig worm. As much as that article boasted the jig, a texas-rigged worm has probably won more money over the years than a jig.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo