Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Going to Goodwin? (Read 6366 times)
RonKnott
Ex Member

Going to Goodwin?
06/11/03 at 05:04:51
Quote Print Post  
I am going up to Goodwin and since I am new to the club I am not totally familiar with the "go-ins on".  If someone would like to carpool with me that would be cool.  I live in Renton and I am planning to meet with  the crew at Denny's for breakfast at 4:00am.  As for coming home I am flexible but would prefer staying on the lake until the afternoon. 

I have a 16ft deep V fishing boat all set up and ready to go but I am considering not bringing it so I can meet some people.  If you are "boatless" for the weekend I am more than happy to bring it.  Otherwise if you need a back seat filled and a little gas cash give me a shout.

Spoke to Virgil and he said he was bringing hot dogs w/buns and still needed about everything else.  I will bring a couple of pounds of hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, mayo, and buns for my part.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Going to Goodwin?
Reply #1 - 06/11/03 at 15:02:28
Quote Print Post  
CheesyGood job Ron, looking foword to seeing you. If anyone else is coming please let us know and tell us what your planning to bring for lunch, I still have soda pop from last time.
   Info and direction for this fish-in are in the May news letter. If you didn't get a news letter go back to the front page of this web site and go under news letters for May it's all there. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/11/03 at 16:50:00
Quote Print Post  
Ron,  I am a loose backseater.  If you would like to team up for Goodwin give me an email.  rnl711@msn.com
I am in Tacoma.

Virgil,  I will be bringing potato salad.  How are we fixed for paper plates and utensils? ???

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 06/11/03 at 18:46:49
Quote Print Post  
Keri and I will be there with the Ranger.  Not sure what we're bringing for the potluck tho.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/11/03 at 23:06:00
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there - guess I'll bring a dessert of some sort.

Faz

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 06/12/03 at 14:24:16
Quote Print Post  
Ok guys I am severely out of touch, but when is the fish in at Goodwin and where is Goodwin?
Ted

Ted

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/12/03 at 15:05:39
Quote Print Post  
THANKS for the responce guy's, that helps alot. I think I will come now, I don't want to miss out. Rich. yes plates, cups plastic ware are taken care of.
   Ted welcome home,  would be great to see you. We will meet at Denny's, 4am. Directions in the news letter on the web,( look for May's letter). Denny's is off of Pacific ave. exit in Everett. go left under th fwy. Denny's is one block away. Parking in the back and side. Hopfully we can follow Glen to the lk. from there. VW
   PS anybody else? Cheesy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 06/12/03 at 15:30:08
Quote Print Post  
Also note, parking is $5, unless you have purchased a yearly State Park parking permit.  I have one, and it makes life easier.

The permit is good at all state park launching facilities (read that "Sammamish" too) and costs $50.  Actually, it's good for all state parks.  I got it online at http://www.parks.wa.gov/parking/ and it's instant (you can print off a temporary permit for use until you receive the permanent one via mail)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/12/03 at 23:16:24
Quote Print Post  
Me and hopefully Bill B. will be present to slam some bass upside the head.....or ....er...get some perch....see ya there!!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/13/03 at 14:53:18
Quote Print Post  
For the July's fishin I'm kinda thinking spanaway Undecided Undecided whats ya think? V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/13/03 at 15:32:08
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virg.........there were no directions to the Fish-in at Goodwin in the newsletter.........might want to put some up unless I missed em on a post or something. And as for the July Fish-in I like St. Clair as there is not a launch fee....Spanaway is kinda steep for such a small lake........yes I am cheap.....Has anyone heard if Lake Kapowsin is open yet? That would be a good one if open! or maybe Rapjohn  or  Ohop? Anyone from the south sound know if these are worth a shot?

IP Logged

hawghunter_2017
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 06/13/03 at 16:23:21
Quote Print Post  
I agree with the L man. Spanaway if the weather is nice will get hammered with skiers, and it is $7 to launch there. I like St Claire as well for July. Dont have to worry about skiers and those water bikers. I am going to try to make it to the July one for sure. Rapjohn is not bad but rather small. Ohop would be an idea, Kapowsin is not open yet. I havent seen them doing a whole lot there yet. Was out there the other night training the new pup after work. ]
Ted

Ted

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Lake Goodwin Directions
Reply #12 - 06/13/03 at 17:27:43
Quote Print Post  
Take the Smokey Point Exit off I-5 and drive West 5 miles on St. Rt. 531, then turn south (left) on Lake Goodwin Road to reach the east side of the lake.

The Wenberg State Park is on the East side of the lake.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countrycode=250&city=Marysville&...

Just zoom in to get more specific, but this shows the overview of the road to Goodwin.
Hopes this helps

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #13 - 06/13/03 at 18:59:03
Quote Print Post  
Go to http://www.westernbassclub.com/calendar_jun.html and click the "fish in" on the 14th for directions, info, etc.

My .02 - Patterson.  No wake zone across the entire lake.

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/13/03 at 20:37:44
Quote Print Post  
Rich,
I will be towing Virgils boat but we can meet up some place in Renton and caravan up if that works for you?

Backlash in Kent

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo