Normal Topic Another new guy without a boat (Read 3349 times)
RonKnott
Ex Member

Another new guy without a boat
05/17/03 at 19:28:21
Quote Print Post  
Want to go fishing?

I just joined the club on Thursday and it seems like you guys have a really good thing going so I thought I would hop on board.

Experience level: I have been fishing since I was a little kid when I went fishing with grandpa on opening day for trout.  I didn't start fishing for Bass until I got my drivers license about 20 years ago now) when I started going once or twice a week after school ( in the same 12 ft aluminum boat that I have today).  Somewhere along the line I stopped going fishing regularily to the point that I only go a few times per year.

Where have I fished:  I have fished Lake Washington 3 times in the last 3 weeks not catching a whole lot.  In the past few years I have fished several of the other small lakes in the area including: Shadow, Sawyer, Meridian, North (in Fed Way), and a few others.

Where/When can I fish:  I work in Federal way (8-5, M-F) so if anyone needs a partner almost any night after work in that area of town give me a shout.  I live in Renton so anything in that area is fine as well during the weeknights or on weekends.  I really don't have a preference since I don't usually catch much and I don't know where I should be going.

I am looking to buy a bigger boat, the 12 footer just doesn't cut it any more, so in the mean time if you have a back seat open or are interested in standing in the front of an aluminum boat with your feet squished sidways give me a shout.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Another new guy without a boat
Reply #1 - 05/17/03 at 23:44:56
Quote Print Post  
Hey good job Ron, By you writting today that means that you didn't go to the tourniment either. How big of a bout are you looking for? One of our club members is selling his because he upgraded just a little. He has a really nice 18 foot Skeeter that he has gone thru from stim to stern and knows inside and out, anybody in the club that buys it would have a great resource to turn to on it.
   Ifin you want more info on it just say so...oh ps the boat is over by wild waves, cluse by to ya. there is also a few members that work out that way, maybe you guys can hook up. (Larry S)
   Welcome to the club and keep puting your self out there...you know that squeekie wheel thing? It's alot easer to grab at you when we know what your doing and where your doing it. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

RonKnott
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/19/03 at 04:04:07
Quote Print Post  
As for the new boat the biggest restriction that I have is that it HAS to go in to the garage and I live in the typical spec home with a small garage.  My garage is exactly 19 feet.  I assume the boat you are talking about is a shade over 18, throw in the motor hanging off the back and we are probably talking 20.  However, if I am off base I am definitely interested.

On the Potholes thing I didn't know about it until it was too late.  Plus I already had fishing plans for this weekend anyway.  I will have it on the calendar for next year though.

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/19/03 at 18:24:56
Quote Print Post  
I actually live in Brownspoint not too far from you. I am part of the club but won't be fishing the tournament schedule this year. I usually go fishing by myself cause my buddies can't so I'll give you a call when this happens to me again. I fish out of a 17 and a half foot Nitro with a 150 Merc, and it has a spacious deck for the backseater. I am fairly new to bass fishing back here in Washington since I just got out of the Marine Corps. I got back into bass fishing down there, but am still learning the lakes around here. You're more than welcome to join me anytime.....Rob...Hm#253-943-8727
                                                         cell#253-576-3382

IP Logged

RonKnott
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/20/03 at 14:07:44
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good, I will give you a shout.  What is your availiability?  Week nights? Weekends?  I am looking to go Sat AM if you are interested?  Maybe some night next week?  Give me a call WK: 253449-5238  HM: 425-254-9416.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/20/03 at 14:28:56
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy Awesome you guys, Have fun and let us know how you do. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/21/03 at 03:56:16
Quote Print Post  
My Skeeter will likely fit in your garage since I modified the trailer. It has a removable tongue. My garage is standard length, fits fine.  If you want to see the boat  call me 253-838-0207  Pat

IP Logged

RonKnott
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/21/03 at 14:12:20
Quote Print Post  
I have heard of that model but if forget the specs.  What are the details?  Year, motor size, # of seats, addl equip, hours on the motor, cost . . . . .

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/21/03 at 14:26:28
Quote Print Post  
Ron, I don't have the details like Pat does but if you need any referances just ask most any club member, most of us have been in the back seat at one point or another. Pat is also a stickler about his toys and things get fixed right away and usually better than it was before, would be a great starter boat. And his hitch is a one of a kind, very strong, and lops off about 3 feet when disconected, V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo