Normal Topic photos (Read 3524 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

photos
05/29/03 at 14:53:08
Quote Print Post  
Photo's Glen. where are the new photo's??....I know, your a busy man....I'll be PT.  Undecided Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: photos
Reply #1 - 05/29/03 at 17:17:46
Quote Print Post  
Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, folks.  I'm waaaay too busy.  Got back from Banks to find my email box stuffed with 1,400+ emails.

Between C.A.S.T. for Kids and BassResource.com, there simply isn't enough time in the day for me to get to WBC.com.

Sorry.  Hopefully things will lighten up in July.

IP Logged

djKale
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/03 at 07:10:44
Quote Print Post  
If you have Dreamweaver, you can just create a photo album. Select Commands>Create Photo Album, specify the source folder, destination folder, thumbnail size and some other misc stuff, press go and in a few minutes, the pages are done. You don't even have to optimize them because Dreamweaver opens Fireworks to handle optimization. The only thing you have to do is rotate the images that need to be rotated. A simple Photoshop action can handle that task. Windows XP will also rotate images with just a click.  Using the arrow buttons and the filmstrip view, you can rotate all of those images in just a few minutes.

Then just upload the entire folder and you are done. I just started using this and it is an absolute blessing! No longer does it take 2 hours to rotate, resize and optimize each pic, create the thumbnails, etc. It takes just as long to upload the files (on cable broadband), as it does to make them. It is a real life saver.

Here is an example of what Dreamweaver outputs, you may have seen the same thing elsewhere:

http://www.nwbassfishing.com/potholes2003/

These pics are from Memorial Day weekend at Potholes. That page would have taken me hours to do on my own...

Kale
« Last Edit: 05/30/03 at 21:37:59 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 05/30/03 at 17:54:54
Quote Print Post  
Are you volunteering?   Cheesy

IP Logged

djKale
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/30/03 at 19:27:16
Quote Print Post  
Sure, but you guys gotta give me the lowdown some hot spots for bass! If you send me the pics and FTP info, I can put them up for you.

Email me.

Kale

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/02/03 at 14:56:16
Quote Print Post  
Well look at the pics.....at one time whats in the pics was the hotspot. Messing with ya. VW

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/02/03 at 16:18:05
Quote Print Post  
I am also set up with Dreamweaver and Photoshop and will be adding pages of pictures at my site and can help out.

BillB

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #7 - 06/03/03 at 14:38:36
Quote Print Post  
Perfect, Bill.  I think it's time the photo album gets a face-lift anyway.  Let's talk about transitioning that aspect of the site over to you at the Fishing Kids event (you ARE going, aren't you?).

Thanks!
Glenn

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/03/03 at 14:52:07
Quote Print Post  
If I remember, I will bring some pics to add. VW

IP Logged

BillBrynteson
Ex Member

You Bet Glenn
Reply #9 - 06/04/03 at 03:16:41
Quote Print Post  
I was thinking about adding pages of photos for each of the tournaments and also just for fun.

Larry and I were talking about all of the captions we could come up with.

And since I have so much storage space it would be perfect.

See ya on Saturday

BillB

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo