Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) May's fish-in (Read 5792 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

May's fish-in
04/23/03 at 15:00:32
Quote Print Post  
Will here it goes for the May 3rd fish-in, We will meet for breakfast at the Arches ( not a Mc D's ) at 4:15 am. We get togather and bs and even pick partners for back seats. Also if you don't have a clue, or afraid of the directions, meet us there and follow us....I'll be a follower. Launch will be 6. am
  Oh if you want directions, go back and hit news letters link look under Apr. and amBASSador letter.
  I will bring hot dogs and the fixins, plates,cups, plastic ware. The rest of lunch will be whatever you bring.
  Acouple things to remember, We can use only so much soda pop and chips, so please log on and tell us what your going to bring. I will be asking for acouple bucks to cover the hot dogs so we can do it again next month. And keep in mind that some members or there wives make a dish for us that might have $15-$18 worth of stuff in it, and they still put in $$ for the hot dogs, so please keep this in mind when you plan on what your bringing.....all I'm trying to say is lets play fair.
  Hope to see you all at the fish-in, and for you lucky ones going to the Duck Lk. tournie, have fun and stay safe out there!
what are you going to bring?????????

« Last Edit: 04/24/03 at 14:50:47 by »  

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: May's fish-in
Reply #1 - 04/24/03 at 02:45:14
Quote Print Post  
Hey Virg...cant wait for the Fish-In and I will Issue a challenge, something easy.........like...Your best Fruit Salad.....
Bet ya mine is better!
c'mon....
lets see it!...
oh, and mine will have a little "Punch" to it!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/24/03 at 14:49:02
Quote Print Post  
Isn't it amazing that something fruity and Larry comes up in the same sentence Shocked Cheesy  Sounds good to me! I like the lil marshmellows in mine...Hay, who makes that salad with the snickers bars in it?
   So can you beat Mr. Larry? Bring it on!
V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 04/24/03 at 14:57:48
Quote Print Post  
Lil marshmellows in Larry?  EEeewe!!   Tongue

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/03 at 02:15:10
Quote Print Post  
Hey where is everyone? C'Mon...lets talk it up?
Whatcha gonna use at Lawrence Lake?
Senkos?
Grubs?
Crank baits?
Me........Tequila Sunrise Flippin Tail Powerworms and....
Senkos.....Maybe an occasional Spinnerbait.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 05/01/03 at 03:11:07
Quote Print Post  
You? A Spinnerbait?   Shocked 

Sorry folks, but Keri and I won't be there because we need to get some hours in on the motor that includes some 5 min runs at full throttle.  Lake Sammamish is just the ticket, because opening day of boating season is on Lk. Washington.

Looking forward to hearing the reports.  We'll let you know how we did on Sammamish.

IP Logged

Fubar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/01/03 at 21:16:29
Quote Print Post  
Larry..I think it is only fair that the next fishin that you give everyone a 3 hour head start.  Besides I think you could use the sleep.

By the way,  Boaters, I will be looking for a back seat for the May fish-in.
I will be at the "Arches" Sat. morning (Just think, if someone doesn't pick me then you might end up with Faz) Tongue
I promise not to run around the boat, much. Wink

Rich

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/02/03 at 13:41:05
Quote Print Post  
Gee thanks Rich! I'll be there too - I wouldn't miss Lawrence for anything.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/02/03 at 14:54:44
Quote Print Post  
Hey Faz, Please tell me you will bring your boat! Even your batteries can make it all around Lawrence!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/02/03 at 18:14:37
Quote Print Post  
Unfortunately I won't have the use of the Durango... so as much as I would have liked to bring the boat, I will be backseating. However, I am currently enjoying backseating as it is giving me a chance to fish with folk I have not fished with before, and I enjoy the good company I have had so far.

seeya there..
Faz

IP Logged

Dawg Ketcha
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/07/03 at 01:57:23
Quote Print Post  
   I wanted to thank Rich and Faz for the fun day on the lake at the fish-in.  Sorry for my boat was being so fussy.  Though I personally did not catch a fish Cry... I was able to net a well earned 3.10 largemouth that Faz coaxed into hitting his Senko.  I'm looking forward to putting some of the tips/techniques to work at Potholes that you guys passed on.  From what I heard, if I don't catch a fish there then I know I'm holding my mouth wrong! Grin  Thanks again to everyone for making a Newbie/Rookie feel welcome.

Don B.

or as Faz and Rich called me Dan, Dave, Doug etc.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/07/03 at 13:43:51
Quote Print Post  
Dan, um Dave, er Doug,
   Thanks for coming to the fish-in, It was great having you new guys coming. It's a great place to learn you, you us, us what you teach us.
   Richard and Richard, thanks for showing up and making this fish-in a success for all of us. VW

IP Logged

Fubar
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/07/03 at 14:35:29
Quote Print Post  
DOUG  I don't know why I had such a tuff time with your name,  my oldest son's name is Doug.  Anyway, welcome to the club and no problem about the boat.  I am just glad we don't have a seperate column for every one of us to tell about the trouble we have had with our boats.  It would be HUGE.  And it seems to happen at the most inopurtune time.  NEPTUNES LAW.

Rich

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/08/03 at 03:06:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey I just noticed that no one had put in a report on the fish caught at the fish-In!
Here is what I know....
at least 4-5lb+ fish with the morning going to a 5.2 on digital which is a 5.4 actual by Mr. Lee Stevens with yours truly playing guide with one fish of 5 even. Lee also got a 3 1/2 lber...Virgil took the afternoon with a 5.12 largie and as far as I know almost all caught fish and fun was had by all with lots of food and comraderie. The rest of the folks or Virgil can fill in the blanks and oh....did I say......Almost all the fish were caught Sight Fishing so those who missed it ....yes you missed it!! Nothing like watching a 4-5 lb fish pounce on your bait!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo