Normal Topic Potholes, April 12 (Read 1294 times)
kholmes
Ex Member

Potholes, April 12
04/14/03 at 22:34:25
Quote Print Post  
Was on the water at Potholes at 9:00am Saturday morning.  Weather was spring like all day: sun followed by rain and showers, followed by more sun!  But the best thing was that only a slight breeze from the SE.  Water level is down a bit from what I can recall for the past few seasons.  Fishing could be catergorized as good.  On the water until 5:30pm and caught 11 fish with between 1lb and 4.10, all largies.  Smallies were biting in their normal areas, but I wanted to find fish in the dunes, so spent all my time there.  The best part of the day was stumbling into a bay on an area of the reservoir I have never fished before, and finding cruising fish that willingly bit.  Nothing like sight fishing to get a guy and his gals going strong!  Water temps reached 60.9 on my graph in the afternoon, and started at 57.6 in the morning.  Looking forward to the Potholes Open this weekend!!  As a side note to all you Potholes dune rats, we caught 6 fish carolina rigging senkos in the MIDDLE of bays near likely spawning flats.  Always wanted to try that but was never secure enough to give'er a go.  About 10-12 feet of water and the fish were biting nicely.  Great new experience and I must say I am proud of myself for trying something new and having it work out. 
Kirk

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Potholes, April 12
Reply #1 - 04/14/03 at 23:02:12
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Way to go!! I spoke to the Water management guys on Sunday and they said the water level would rise approximately 6 inches by tournament time of the open. The good news is that by the time of our Western tourney the water level would be at last years level. Hurray for that. He said that they would start fiiling the holes on tuesday about a tenth of a foot a day. As estimated about 6 inches by the weekend.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo