Normal Topic Potholes 5th March (Read 2824 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Potholes 5th March
04/06/03 at 22:44:51
Quote Print Post  
Phew! At last the skunk went away!! (hopefully for the rest of the year). I backseated with Daryl Snodgrass and we met Russ Baker and Mark Wells out on the water. Daryl and I launched from Blythe Launch at first light and ran down to Lind Coulee (ouch! a bit rough and windy) various spots were fished with no success and at about 9am Russ and Mark showed up (part-timers huh?). Within about 45 minutes or so Russ had First Fish - a 3lb 13oz smallie, and then the fun began (don't remember all the exact weights, weights given are somewhere near):

Daryl - 3lb 9oz Smallie, 2lb 12oz Smallie
Russ - 4 Smallies from about 2lb 8oz
Me - 4lb 5oz, and 2lb 8oz-ish Largemouth
Mark - I think he caught my skunk, sorry for passing it on Mark!

As I remember it, they were all caught in 4-12ft of water using several techniques including Dropshot, flipping tubes, Wild Thangs, football jigs, Carolina rigs.

We ran all over the place and burned 16 gallons of gas, I fished a few spots I had only ever heard of.

Many thanks to Daryl, Russ and Mark - the day lifted my spirits considerably since the news about my boat last week.

seeya on the water............
Faz

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Potholes 5th March
Reply #1 - 04/06/03 at 23:47:51
Quote Print Post  
WooHoo!  Sounds like the bass are coming out of their winter slumber.  What were the water temps?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/07/03 at 01:46:29
Quote Print Post  
Glenn, 47-48 in Lind Coulee, and we found some 50 degree water in the Dunes, but no fish there....

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/07/03 at 04:14:24
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Faz and gang, sounds like the Silver Lake adventurers did well too although Chris and folks have'nt posted yet I heard up to eight fish caught by two boats with 4 folks...................thats it........I'm done with Lake Wash.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 04/14/03 at 02:31:55
Quote Print Post  
Finally got out on the water when Keri and I hit Potholes this weekend.  Found water temps around 53 in Linde Coulee and 56 in the dunes.

Didn't find any largemouth action, but then again, I was primarily scouting and fishing new areas for me.  Water level is about 2 feet below the levels during last year's tourny.

The smallies were cooperative, with the largest being 3 lb 2 oz on a crankbait.  Had 2-pounder just whallop my crank like a freight train.  I needed the pliers to unhook him.

Keri landed her first smallmouth ever - a respectable 11-incher on a Yammi 176 spider jig.  She had a bigger one to the boat, but it came unbuttoned.

All the smallies had big guts just ready to burst.

Weather was in the mid-60's and sunny on Sat with no wind.  Sunny on Sunday, but the wind and whitcaps blew us off the lake in a hurry.

Looking forward to our tournament there!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/14/03 at 03:04:21
Quote Print Post  
Nice job you two, good to see yous getting out there!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/14/03 at 03:49:39
Quote Print Post  
good job Glenn and Keri......

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo