Normal Topic SPRING! (Read 1617 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

SPRING!
03/14/03 at 04:28:20
Quote Print Post  
Well for those not intrepid enough to step outside at night......The drone of the pond frogs is deafening out here in Covington and as a matter of fact, I first heard it as I drove my car by one of the catch ponds on Hwy.18 at 65 MPH! Yes that loud! Tonight and the next week or so the food chain gets a great boost and I am a happy camper! Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Re: SPRING!
Reply #1 - 03/25/03 at 00:07:59
Quote Print Post  
I am so ready!  The weather on the east side of the hill has been really odd this year.  I re-seeded some pasture last October and it germentated real well in two weeks and then went dormant, just as I had hoped!!  Then in February of this year, we had three weeks of temps in the 60's and it began to grow again.  Great!  But, NO!!  Mother Nature was only playing with me.  I will only say that we had a 30 minute snow storm last night, followed by clearing skies and 25 degree temps.  UGH!!!!  I appreciate your words, Larry.  Thanks.
Kirk

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: SPRING!
Reply #2 - 03/25/03 at 04:15:06
Quote Print Post  
Well we are definitely in the throws of spring! Today after feeling like doo doo for a week, my truck is clean and the stickers on the back have all been replaced............Yes....WBC.......our version of Punxsutawney Phil has emerged and since he did not see his shadow.....alas it IS SPRING! WELCOME BACK MR. HUDGENS!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo