Normal Topic APB (Read 2247 times)
Jfchoate1
Ex Member

APB
04/15/03 at 00:42:24
Quote Print Post  
Well first the good news my gator mount came today. Grin
Then the bad news I have no motor to mount. Angry Angry!!!
I guess that someone needed it more than I did. Would appreciate those who can get on the water keeping an eye out for it on a strange boat. It's a Tracher 54# thrust with eletrical tape below the head unit and may still have the remains of my transducer on it.
I do think I set the screwdriver distance record and its a good thing my kids were inside. Wink

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Re: APB
Reply #1 - 04/15/03 at 03:02:43
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to hear that!

I had a buddy years ago that stored his boat in a fenced in lot. He got a call one day to hear that someone cut the fence and took his 115 merc. Insurance replaced it and not 4 months later in his own yard he chased 2 guys off trying the same thing. They had all the cables cut and were working on the motor.

With the drug problems in the area these days suff like that is spouting legs faster than ever.

Hunter

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/15/03 at 03:03:35
Quote Print Post  
We shall be watching with one finger on the............OK .....Phone......Darn.

IP Logged

Jfchoate1
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/15/03 at 03:37:21
Quote Print Post  
on a side note if all goes well I'll get 500$ or so to replace it any suggestions?

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/15/03 at 12:37:49
Quote Print Post  
In a word, Minnkotta!  Smiley The new 74 lb Maxims are awesome. Shocked  I can't help but think the smaller 65 lb AT's are just as tough and quiet.  You can find some great deals on both of them on the web. Wink  Can't even come close to matching the prices locally.

Smitty Grin

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 04/15/03 at 23:42:54
Quote Print Post  
Smitty, just put a Maxxum 65 24V. on my boat and love it.  Will not go back to Motorguide.  The only thing that took getting used to was the foot pedal beings the power button is in the center instead of the right side.  I kept trying to make it go realizing I was hitting the variable speed knob.  Oops.  Jeff, you already knew my stance, so if you can swing it, go Minn Kota.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo