Normal Topic Looking for a backseat (Read 3029 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Looking for a backseat
01/19/03 at 00:30:36
Quote Print Post  
The nitro is out of action for a bit, so if anyone has a backseat available Sun 19th or Monday 20th January I would love to hear from you...

425-771-0613 home number till about 1am each night.

PS - for all you non-smokers, I have been nicotineless for almost 48 hours now, and am hoping to call it quits this time.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Looking for a backseat
Reply #1 - 01/19/03 at 01:51:13
Quote Print Post  
Hey Richard, you're the man!!!!
I'm not able to fish with you but your welcome to the tracker.  Give me a holler if your interested.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/19/03 at 06:37:13
Quote Print Post  
Doug, thanks very much for the offer, I have spent a few hours and managed to get the Nitro fishable again - I will be out Sunday from about 8amish......

The quitting is going better than I expected although I have weakened slightly and had a couple today, for a three day total of 3.... down from what would have been close to 60!

It'a 11pm so probably too late to call anyone, but if anyone sees this this Saturday morning and wants to fish, call my cellphone 206-550-8538 and I can meet you at a boat launch somewhere.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 01/19/03 at 16:44:38
Quote Print Post  
Faz, that's incredible progress.  Keep at it. I understand the first week is the toughest - you're halfway there!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/19/03 at 23:48:54
Quote Print Post  
Keep up the good work Faz......and wish I saw this earlier...it seems like a good day to hit it...Larry

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/20/03 at 14:04:16
Quote Print Post  
Hang in there Leftienent!  Wink  I also was a 3 pack a day smoker about 12 years ago and quit cold turkey.  Not an easy thing to do, but the longer you go the easier it becomes.  You just have to be bull-headed about the whole idea and make a decision as to what runs your life- you or a $%^#! cigarette!  As a side note, I still occasionaly get the desire for a smoke, but it passes in less time than it takes to write about it. Smiley
Call me any time you feel weak and want to have some old-fashioned SgtMaj. type encouragement. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Smitty

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/20/03 at 15:57:05
Quote Print Post  
You go Richard!! Great job!! I have never smoked so I don't personally  know  how hard it is to quit, but I've worked in the emergency dept. and in the medical field for 20 years. I get to see the end results of it....... I'm pulling for you as well, Remember to take Smitty up on his offer, he's been there and done that! V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo