Normal Topic Catchin em in the fog - Lk WA (Read 1265 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Catchin em in the fog - Lk WA
01/08/03 at 23:20:14
Quote Print Post  
Monday (Jan 6th) Larry and I went out in the fog (until noon)  and had a fair day.  We put 11 bass in the boat and 3 trout.  We used the "Rev Rig" (three way with Rapalas) in 40 to 60 feet. 

Imagine our surprize to be surrounded by fog out in front of the lumber company (at least we think we were) when slowly out of the fog comes another Western Bass club member on their trolling motor.  (Two boats on a 26,000 acre foggy lake and we bump into each other!) I won't tell you "who" because he had GPS and might be "bribable" if enough cash were offered for the location. Wink  He had three "fog fish" when we saw him later in the day.

Apparently the fish don't care if the fog is there or not - just be safe in getting to your spots.  We never went on plane and hugged the shore until we got to the lumber company.  I never had a need for a GPS until this week.  There were a couple of spots we tried to find and never could - bet we were missing them by a few yards but without shoreline triangulation we were out of luck!  Still the fish cooperated and the calm and peace of still water was great for the soul!

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Re: Catchin em in the fog - Lk WA
Reply #1 - 01/09/03 at 04:11:38
Quote Print Post  
Way to be Rev, After last Sat. I'll take the fog over rain anyday!!  Any size to the bass?

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo