Normal Topic Perch Jerkin (Read 2528 times)
REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Perch Jerkin
12/01/02 at 19:54:17
Quote Print Post  
My son and I went out Fri morning about 10 and fished till about 3. Caught just under 50. They ran between 7 and 11 inches. Good eating size. Tough bite this time. We missed as many as we caught. Pressure bite. 65 - 85' of water and they're right on the bottom. Groat Pt. and the next pt west toward B Gates house. Put your depth finder on manual and turn the sensitivity all the way up and motor real slow. That deep, they show up as very small spots just off the bottom.
Good luck. Wink

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Re: Perch Jerkin
Reply #1 - 12/03/02 at 03:15:05
Quote Print Post  
I took my son (3 1/2) out Thanksgiving day. Togather we caught 25 from 8:30-11am then things just died. Just aswell as we had to get home for dinner.
We fish groat point in 45 ft of water with jigs baited with perch meat or worm. Weather was perfect! They were bitting with ever cast, Perfect to keep a young boy interested.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/platinum1/Fishing.html

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/platinum1/Thanksgiving.jpg[/img]

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/10/02 at 07:27:44
Quote Print Post  
Hit lake Washington today, I only saw one other boat fishing and that was the Rev. I spent the day dropshotting in about 50-60ft in several spots, all I could get to bite was Perch, but at 3pm I found a school at 56ft, and the best 4 fish were all 12-14oz each. I moved about 100yards from that spot and found another school in about 60ft, and this time I got one 13 1/2" long, weighing 1lb 4oz, and a couple more that were just on the 1lb mark.

What a great day it was, apart from the odd showers, the weather was fine, the water pretty calm, and the fishing was good too. As soon as I get the pictures back I 'll post one of the big Perch.... it was faat!

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/11/02 at 01:49:18
Quote Print Post  
Faz,
You're the "Perch King". Grin Roll Eyes Tongue
Redchamp

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/12/02 at 00:42:13
Quote Print Post  
Noooooooooooooooooo......... Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/12/02 at 18:52:02
Quote Print Post  
Faz.......I'd say you were "Perched" on the verge of stardom!.........Oh ....am I the only one who noticed that the Faz boat is starting to look a little greener?  Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo