Normal Topic Gene Coulon Closed until 8:00am (Read 1828 times)
pays2no
Ex Member

Gene Coulon Closed until 8:00am
10/03/02 at 20:08:07
Quote Print Post  
Hey everyone-

I was just recently reading my City of Renton boat permit paperwork when I came across something alarming.  I found in the permit paperwork that the Renton Community Center changed the hours of operation at Gene Coulon ramp beginning Oct. 1.  The hours used to be from dawn to dusk.  It's now 8:00am to dusk.  I asked my wife to look in to this a little more for us because she works at the Renton Community Center.

She found out from the guy in charge named Dave, that Gene Coulon will not be able to open any sooner than 8:00 because he won't have enough time to contact all of the maintenance and Parks people to make this special accomodation happen.

What to do now?  I suggest one person from our Board try and hammer something out really quick with Dave so we can launch earlier than 8:00.

I don't think all of us should be calling because it would just complicate things.  I think just one person representing our club would be sufficent.

The Renton Community center number is:
425 430-6700.

I

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Re: Gene Coulon Closed until 8:00am
Reply #1 - 10/03/02 at 21:01:53
Quote Print Post  
Talked to Ron H. We will move the drivers meeting to the Mercer Island Launch. We will have our drivers meeting at 6:00am and launch from there. Ron will well be at Coulan park gate till 5:45 to direct those who go to Coulan.
John H
Good Fishing

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Gene Coulon Closed until 8:00am
Reply #2 - 10/04/02 at 00:42:18
Quote Print Post  
Great work guys.....amazing that an entity with the resources and tax income as big as the city of Renton cannot put up flyers or informational signage.....no wonder they are closing parks and launches. Well I for one have always liked the east channel launch but hope the dock space does not become an issue. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo