Normal Topic September Riffe event (Read 1898 times)
kholmes
Ex Member

September Riffe event
08/28/02 at 17:19:53
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone been on Riffe recently?  If so, how are the levels?  WIll we be using the Taidnapum ramp?  Just some preliminary thoughts.  I am planning on a pre-fishing trip.  Anyone else?
kirk

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: September Riffe event
Reply #1 - 08/29/02 at 02:58:17
Quote Print Post  
I'm hoping to prefish myself, Kirk, but don't know when yet. Maybe you want to meet me and split the cost? I believe we are using the Taidnapaum launch, but that is assuming the water levels are high enough for it...

I hate that lake with a passion, but I determined to do well there this year!

Chris

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Re: September Riffe event
Reply #2 - 08/30/02 at 15:12:45
Quote Print Post  
Dude,
Do not hate Riffe!!!  You simply need to re-think how you approach this lake.  It fishes similar to Roosevelt.  Think about fishing the edges of flats, of which Riffe has miles of.  As you know, I love to mojo lizards.  THis works fine here, but the primary bottom forage for these smallies are sculpins.  Hmm...........should I have mentioned that?  It is not like I have broke any weight records on this lake, but I have had some success.  I most likely will not get a chance to pre-fish after all.  Have a busy September.  Later.
Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo