Normal Topic Has anyone been at the Tri-Cities this week? (Read 2464 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Has anyone been at the Tri-Cities this week?
08/29/02 at 13:23:37
Quote Print Post  
I've got a major "T" in the Tri-Cities approaching and I was curious as to the water levels and amount of water flowing this time of year.  I'm thinking it could be down quite a bit, given the dry spell we have been experiencing.

Full Livewells,
Smitty   Undecided

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Re: Has anyone been at the Tri-Cities this week?
Reply #1 - 08/29/02 at 15:17:43
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

I would assume that flows are a bit low right now as well.  I have tried to research this area on the web to find flow data for Priest Rapids Dam without much luck.  That might be worth a try.  When will you be going down?  I will be in Tri-Cities in two weeks.  I will make an effort to take a look then for you.  I don have some ideas about where I would fish at any rate if you are interested.
kirk

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/29/02 at 16:18:26
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

Try playing around with this link a little...

http://www.cbr.washington.edu/sport_rec/index.html

Click on the tab above the map that says, "river conditions", and then click on the dam of your choice. You will then go to a graph of river outflow (usually) and it will allow you to pick other data graphs like water temperature and water level...

Good luck!
Chris

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 08/29/02 at 17:52:16
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys,
Mike M. & I finished 9th overall in the ABA Travellers Division in Oregon and Washington.  In doing so we earned our place to fish the ABA Classic in the Tri-Cities 12-14 September.  Our plan is to fish the Hanford Reach area.  It's a place where both of us have had some fairly good luck this year.  However, I'm worried about low flows and how it could affect our access to these spots, and more importantly the overall hull and propellor condition of the Red Snake.  The last thing I want to do is damage the lower unit on my Merc again!  OUCH!!

Smitty  Grin

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo