Normal Topic Prospective member (Read 2679 times)
Justin
Forum Member

"I caught you a delicious
bass'

Prospective member
08/28/02 at 05:17:21
Quote Print Post  
   I have been pondering the idea of joining this Bass club. I just do not know what all it takes.
For one I do not have a boat.
If I join I would want to ASAP so I could fish the tounament in September.
What are the requirements to fish in a tournament?
What all is involved if one does not have a boat?

Thanks for the replies,
Justin

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Prospective member
Reply #1 - 08/28/02 at 18:57:26
Quote Print Post  
Justin,
I joined the club less than two years ago, knowing nothing about Bass and not having a boat.

Now I know a little less than nothing about the Bass     (but a lot more than I did last year)... the folks here are really helpful in finding spare backseats for new members and in sharing their knowledge of Bass fishing.

Join us!! It's really a lot of fun!!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/29/02 at 03:05:15
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Justin,

You should definitely check our club out, I think it would have a lot to offer you...

Here are some answers to your questions:

You don't need a boat! We do have a program for new members called the AmBASSador program, and it is there to help new members get out on the water and start learning more about bass fishing. Or... to have you teach us more about bass fishing!

To fish in a tournament, you need to be a member, and you need to pay the $20 entry fee. If you don't have a boat, you will need to pair up with another boater/member to fish with. That is not usually a problem, and I can't remember anyone ever being left on shore.

If you do join, a bit of advice for you:

WATCH OUT FOR RWFAZ!!!

That guy has the funniest accent I've ever heard, and I even hear he likes to fish for CARP!!!  Shocked  Wink

Hope to meet you at the next meeting!
Chris

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/01/02 at 04:26:34
Quote Print Post  
Well I joined hoping to fish the next tournament as a backseater also. I had no luck. I don't know how the ambassador program works, maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't find me a backseat. I'm not saying don't join. Just make sure you find a way to fish with someone or you won't be fishing. I was use to a draw format in my other club so two boaters couldn't team up and and leave a boat at home with nobody in it. Also, you couldn't team up with one guy the whole year. Boaters drew their non-boaters before we launched. Not knocking the club just giving you my experience. I went to a club meeting and everyone was great, really friendly. Haven't fished yet so I can't comment on how things run on the water or at a weigh-in. I think you should join though. If you love to catch bass then it will be right for you.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/01/02 at 04:39:02
Quote Print Post  
Hey Rob, sorry to hear you did not get out when did you start trying? some of the tourneies on the east side have to be planned a month in advance or so. ...I have not talked to Virgil yet but am avail. Thurs. Fri. The 5th and 6th and have room on the 14th for the fish-in at Black lake. My home number is (253) 630-3988 and if anybody else has not been out let me know I have an odd work schedule so have weekends and some weekdays off. larry.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo