Normal Topic Lake Roosevelt complete standings! (Read 2428 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Lake Roosevelt complete standings!
08/26/02 at 04:38:13
Quote Print Post  
Hi all  Grin

I am pretty tired, so I won't give much of a report on the tournament right now, but I can say that it was pretty tough to come across keeper fish. Some people really had the bigger fish figured out, though!!!

Here are the standings (hope the format is ok):

Holmes                      20.44
Snodgrass      18.44
Lafond                      14.69
Walker                      14.13
Logston                      14.00
Bedard                      13.94
Sullivan                      13.94
T. Steffensen      13.25
Baker                      13.38
Sergeant                      12.38
Payseno                      11.88
P. Sotherlund      11.75
Rumann                      11.06
J. Choate                      10.88
Stratton                      10.50
Gagliardi                      10.50
Fazakerley      10.38
Maderos                      10.19
Brynteson      5.94
Albert                      5.69
M. Sotherlund      4.25
A. Choate                      4.00
Beemen, Sr.      3.00
Wilbur                      2.50
Beemen, Jr.      2.38
C. Steffensen      1.13

Everyone caught fish, 26 anglers total.

Reports to follow tomorrow!

Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Roosevelt complete standings!
Reply #1 - 08/27/02 at 01:49:36
Quote Print Post  
Nice job Chris, and thanks to all who made the tourney a success especially to Virgil for all his help on and off the water. While on that subject of on the water Virgil and myself saw lots of woodland critters and fowl about on the lake as we ventured 27 or so miles to the end of the Sandpoil River we saw two "Yogi's" as in Black Bears one of which was assaulting a berry bush....also saw five turkeys (no not the Hudgens family!) as they browsed the forest floor and drank water not 100 ft from us.......4 Osprey (fish eagles) and two Bald Eagles...oh yeah and a Deer. All this is cool but there was a dark side too, as everyone else headed home Virgil myself the Sotherlands, the Beemens and Faz-man witnessed natures fury head on as a Microburst hit at around 4:30pm with winds around 50 with gust to 65 or 75 mph tents...life vests...trash trees and lots of dust took flight as boats of every size beached themselves against the shores where they could. We helped with some of the boats and after two hours were back to basking in the afterglow of a tournament day. What a weekend!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/27/02 at 05:44:47
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Nice job subbing as tournament director this weekend!

I can't remember the last time we had such excellent launching times!!! Thanks to everyone who launched their boats on time and allowed everyone to take off at first light.

Bill Brynteson and I didn't kill them at the tournament, but for two people that had never fished the lake before, we sure learned a lot. Armadas of dink smallies were found anywhere that looked fishy, but we found larger fish on sandy/gravel mixed banks with varied bottom structure. Most of our keeper fish came on splitshot or Carolina rigged plastics, or the almighty bitsy bug. I tried my best to catch a larger fish on topwater, but couldn't get any good fish to go.

Sunday the bite picked up for us, but the fish were biting very lightly. Bill lost a nice fish in the morning, and I lost three keepers in a row on splitshot brushhogs. They just came unglued. After losing those fish, I gave every following fish about three hooksets, but they were still hooked lightly. Very finicky dudes! I was pretty bummed about losing the three fish as I needed one of those to fill out a limit on Sunday. As it was, I ended up weighing nine fish over the weekend for 12-6.

All in all, it was a great weekend, and we really enjoyed ourselves. I sure am glad to have missed the windstorm. That sounds horrible, but glad to hear everyone is safe.

Great job Kirk and Daryl!

Chris

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/27/02 at 13:50:23
Quote Print Post  
Just to add how me and Virgil caught our fish we started on a rocky point with 4 other boats. The Chug Bug was my first keeper getter with several nice blow-ups I got one around 1.3 to stay on and Virgil got his 2 lb.er on a grub we moved up river to the Sandpoil river arm and worked some weedlines in 8-15 ft around wood and gravel with grubs and lizards in 176 color and green pumpkin for one or two more we then moved to the Plum Point area and worked jointed Rapalas in two crawfish colors and I culled two more fish before heading in for day one.....day two was just tough, only one of our areas produced and it was on grubs along a weedline in 8-15 ft again near wood and gravel Virgil gave the buzzbait 1 1/2 hrs but to no avail the only topwater blow-up was on a chug-bug ny total was 8 fish for 13+ lbs and Virgil for 3+ for 2 fish. so only pattern was weedlines near wood and rock with deep water nearby, several baits would bring them in.

IP Logged

kholmes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/27/02 at 17:37:21
Quote Print Post  
This was a very fun event.  I cannot remember catching quality fish with as much regularity as I did, particularily on Sunday.  I found most of my fish located near the edge of a flat on a single piece of structure that the fish really liked.  It was beneficial to be able to see to depths of 20 feet.  If I could not have seen the small rock pile that was holding fish, I would not have been able to GPS the location.  Overall, a grand time!!  Nicely done by Mr. Sullivan.  Kudos!!
The only negative was my family's attempt to get some sleep on Friday night witht the party crowd at Sunbanks.  Particularily some dude named "Jeremy" was trading drunken blows with some other guy at 1:00 am.  Although for entertainment value, this was quite a fascinating display of the human condition.  As my Grandfather would have said, "folks is sometimes just idgit's".  I could never understand Grandpa's logic at times, I just thought that they were behaving like
idiots.  Thanks to Ron H. for providing the family a little smoother sleep experience on Saturday evening.  I believe that we all had a nice potluck once again as well.  Thanks to all, another fulfilling WBC event.  Just further proof that folks, that without each other, these events would be nothing!!! 

Kirk

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo