Normal Topic Columbia River tourney results (Read 2348 times)
Pays2no
Ex Member

Columbia River tourney results
08/18/09 at 21:18:03
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations to Bryan Hudgens for winning this past weekends Columbia River (Wallula) WBC tourney.  Bryan and Phil battled 5-6 foot waves as they traveled down river 25 miles from the launch site to fish a particular spot Phil found at last years club tourney.   Phil stated that they caught some fish once they arrived  but weren't able to fish the area very effectively due to the high winds.  They decided then to run back up river where they ended up catching the majority of their fish for the weekend.  Bryan caught most of his fish on rattle traps while Phil caught most of his fish on grubs and tubes.

We only had 8 boats with 15 people fishing....not much of a turnout but everyone seemed to have a great time.  I realize Northwest Bass had a tourney on Crow Butte Saturday which most likely hurt our participation. 

Here are the results: 

I can't really remember what Bryan's winning weight was....I think around 16+lbs

1st  Bryan Hudgens
2nd Glenn May
3rd  Keri May
4th  Phil Hudgens
5th  Larry Sullivan

***Bryan certainly now has a great chance for AOY with two 1st place finishes Smiley

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Re: Columbia River tourney results
Reply #1 - 08/19/09 at 00:58:57
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for getting that info out Bob. Glad to see the site up again. Bryan and I went to Potholes for a fun fishin Monday.

Went to the point near the outlet to find some meat fishermen beat us and caught to eat a 17+ inch largemouth.

Dam was I dissapointed with that. Cry

Check my post under tournament news for the complete Wallula results.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/19/09 at 20:18:37
Quote Print Post  
Its gone be a tight race. I guess I am going to have to get me one of those personal guides for Chelan so I can win it. Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Keri
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 08/20/09 at 17:54:36
Quote Print Post  
Russ, your a funny man but a guide will not help you.   Grin

With that said you and I will have a chat the next time I see you.

Keri

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/20/09 at 22:19:49
Quote Print Post  
keri,

Maybe you can be my guide. Smiley

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo