Normal Topic Boat carpet (Read 94 times)
Frankie
WBC Member

Fish on!!!

Boat carpet
04/24/24 at 15:45:26
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone know where to go or have any recommendations for getting new carpet put in my boat?

IP Logged

FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

Re: Boat carpet
Reply #1 - 04/25/24 at 11:04:05
Quote Print Post  
If I am correct, Rodney Heupel (WBC Member), redid his carpet last year - was quite a DIY project.  You might want to contact him... 

(I just called him, and he is training for a new job - but he said he'd be glad to share where he got his carpet and what he learned.  I'll send you a private message with his phone number - best to call him in the evenings or weekend).

IP Logged

Frankie
WBC Member

Fish on!!!

Reply #2 - 04/25/24 at 13:08:49
Quote Print Post  
Thank you Rev. I’ve done a lot of research and though I am totally capable of doing it myself, I just don’t necessarily have the time or space to do it. I’d much rather just pay to get it done however I’m finding it difficult to find a place that does it

IP Logged

FishinRev
WBC Board Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 04/26/24 at 08:44:34
Quote Print Post  
Rodney says it took him nearly 3 months working on it in his spare time...  so you are right - it's time consuming.  But Rodney's boat sure looks nice.  I thought about doing it to my boat, but good carpet isn't cheap, and I'm the kind of guy who opens a bottle of chartreuse dye and spills it on my carpet.  I'm not meant to have nice stuff!  LOL

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 04/28/24 at 06:36:35
Quote Print Post  
Ebay has precut for almost every boat made. My old ranger i had done at a place by limit out though. Was like 3grand. If i did again id try to do it myself with pre cut. Also try bc forum they'd find it for you if doing yourself.

IP Logged

Elway4lyfe
WBC Board Member
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 04/28/24 at 06:37:21
Quote Print Post  
Bbc forum*

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #6 - 04/28/24 at 13:11:33
Quote Print Post  
I ordered my carpet from https://www.bassboatseats.com/
I used the 20 oz, and their carpet padding on the front deck. Have a good supply of cutting blades and change after every cut to ensure good clean cuts in one pass of the blade. The cleaning of all the aluminum surfaces was clearly the most time consuming, some told me I didn't need to take all the old glue off, but it being my boat I sure used a few dust masks. Take your time, measure more then twice, cut once. Go for the widest carpet. I used the 8.5 ft width and 30 ft length with very little waste for my 18 ft boat. Pay close attention to keeping the carpet grain going all the same direction.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Frankie
WBC Member

Fish on!!!

Reply #7 - yesterday at 12:33:17
Quote Print Post  
I’m really more interested in finding a place that can do it for me. I don’t have the time or the space to do it myself

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo