Normal Topic Sturgeon in Lk Washington. YES! (Read 227 times)
5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Sturgeon in Lk Washington. YES!
09/24/23 at 07:29:16
Quote Print Post  
My soldier (Take a Warrior Fishing) had a 5-6 ft (maybe bigger) sturgeon hooked and on the line for 3-4 minutes yesterday. It did a long tail walk on the surface so we plainly saw what it was. We didn't have a chance of boating it as it was a 6.5' med spinning rod with 15 lb braid and 10 lb flouro leader. An amazing experience. In 31 years, I've never heard of, seen or witnessed anything like it. The friggin GoPro was pointed the wrong direction and, after it jumped, I started recording with my phone but, it came off a second later. Not a fish story.

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

derik
WBC Member

Re: Sturgeon in Lk Washington. YES!
Reply #1 - 09/24/23 at 14:40:31
Quote Print Post  
A couple years ago for our June tournament myself and my backseater  vinnie witnessed one probably 6 to 8 feet long that came up under the boat onto the shallow sand bar at the mouth of the cedar river.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo