Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Banks Lake Jack N Jill (Read 6474 times)
karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: Banks Lake Jack N Jill
Reply #15 - 07/16/14 at 06:25:17
Quote Print Post  
Everyone,

The Banks Lake Jack-n-Jill was a great tournament in some very hot weather, temps were in the upper 90's to 100 degree range, but everyone stayed hydrated and used sun screen liberally so everyone survived the temps.  Everyone caught some nice fish over the two days and Glenn and Keri really did well with 30.90 pounds and also captured Big Fish honors with a 3.64 pounder.  We didn't have a Saturday night potluck because everyone was in a different campground and it just made it a bit difficult for us to get together.

We had a total of four couples-teams/boats and I've already mentioned the top three finishers.  Greg Ruddell came in fourth place and just missed a trophy by about 2 pounds but brought in 9.39 pounds of bass over the two days.  Nice job Greg!

You'll notice in the below photos there are no trophies being held by the winners because I forgot to bring the trophies!  Boy was I embarrassed when I had to tell everyone at the drivers meeting.  There was nothing we could do about it so we just moved on and had a great tournament.  When I got home I realized how I forgot to bring the trophies.  We've been cleaning out our garage the last couple of weeks and someone put a dart board and a garbage bag full of clothes destined for Goodwill on the trophy box I had placed next to all the other tournament stuff, and it wasn't on my tournament list of stuff to bring.  My sincere apologies again to Glenn, Keri, Says and Tracy, and I will be getting them their trophies as soon as I can.

I got a little experience in being a tournament director, and after having done it, have a new appreciation for what it takes to put on a tournament.  I think the tournament went well with the exception of me forgetting to bring the trophies, stuff happens.

Thanks to everyone that participated!  It's always good to see everyone and hear all the stories that everyone brings to these events.  The more I participate in the club the more I realize that it's the club members that make this club so great!

Karl

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/16/14 at 06:27:22
Quote Print Post  
First Place and Big Fish winners - Glenn and Keri May

Glenn_and_Keri_at_600_x_494.jpg ( 290 KB | 201 Downloads )
Glenn_and_Keri_at_600_x_494.jpg

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/16/14 at 06:28:17
Quote Print Post  
Second Place Finishers - Says and Tracy

Says_and_Tracy_at_600_x_434.jpg ( 323 KB | 203 Downloads )
Says_and_Tracy_at_600_x_434.jpg

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/16/14 at 06:29:47
Quote Print Post  
Third Place Finishers - Karl and Derek Kramer

Karl_and_Derek_at_600_x_409.jpg ( 256 KB | 191 Downloads )
Karl_and_Derek_at_600_x_409.jpg

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo