Normal Topic Jack-N-Jill Results. (Read 2451 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Jack-N-Jill Results.
07/30/12 at 22:56:24
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to all who attended the Roosevelt Jack-N-Jill as you are what this tourney is all about!!!
We had 6 boats and 12 anglers...(And two Dogs!!) The weather was great and the fishing was not up to Roosevelt norm as the water was at the highest anyone had seen which moved fish around alot. Topwater bites were hit/miss but dropshot fishing along with football jigs seemed to bring in the numbers.
Here are the stats.
First Place............The Kelly Boat---26.21 lbs and Big Fish 3.62 Smally.
Second Place........Sullivan Boat----20.66 lbs
Third Place...........Ward Boat-------20.10 lbs
Fourth Place.........Dover Boat------17.46 lbs
Fifth Place............O'Dea Boat------16,75 lbs
Sixth Place...........Beemen Jr Boat-15.76 lbs
A great time had by all. Some minor issues with my spun prop and Jacks GPS and we had some wonderful pizza dinner on Sat. nite!!! Hope to see twice as many couples next year!!!
« Last Edit: 08/06/12 at 13:57:52 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Jack-N-Jill Results.
Reply #1 - 07/31/12 at 00:16:55
Quote Print Post  
This was my first time fishing the J&J and it wont be the last.  I had a great time at the event.  Thanks larry for stepping up and running it.  

I thought with all the deep legdes on the flats thats where it would be won, but I never weighed a fish that came out of more than 6ft of water.  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/31/12 at 02:42:48
Quote Print Post  
Looks like it was a fun tournament.  Hell of a job Troy.  Do you fish these lakes for fun or do you just figure them out the day of ?  Mad props !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/31/12 at 04:09:47
Quote Print Post  
I had never fished this area of roosevelt before.  just looked at google earth and found a few flats I thought would hold fish and lucky for me they did.

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/01/12 at 03:16:21
Quote Print Post  
Congratulations Troy "Fish Wisperer" Kelly!  You continue to amaze me on your ability to analyze  any piece of water and quickly figure out the most successful pattern going- the sign of a truly excellent fisherman.   Smiley

Keep up the good work!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo