Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Washington Draw Tournament April 28/29 2012 (Read 15023 times)
DMarshall
Forum Member

I Love Bass Fishing!

Re: Lake Washington Draw Tournament April 28/29 20
Reply #15 - 04/23/12 at 04:25:21
Quote Print Post  
I plan to draw for a back seat. Can I catch a ride in with someone?

Darryl Marshall

Darryl
AIM  
IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #16 - 04/23/12 at 04:41:27
Quote Print Post  
BassAholic wrote on 04/20/12 at 16:29:21:
bassparagus wrote on 04/19/12 at 23:33:41:
BassAholic wrote on 04/19/12 at 20:26:15:
Here is a post from back in 2007 Same time of year as this coming tournament I plan on a repeat of this day So bring your A game. Yes let the smack talk begin  Tongue
http://www.westernbassclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1177950013

Cool U plan on catching your fish after 3pm. How's that for some smack! Grin

That was from my little boat. Fastest speed 15mph took me most the day to get to my spot LOL. Now I have the big boat I will slow down so your slow boat can catch up Dan LOL
I should not be saying anything as I have not even touched a fish this year  Angry
I bet Maderos is fishing this one so to be safe flat his tires also.

John I have a net you can smell if you want. It smells like bass

IP Logged

StillLearning
Forum Member

I Love Fishing!

Reply #17 - 04/23/12 at 16:50:08
Quote Print Post  
I plan to be there without boat.  No live well yet.  Will be walking in from Lake Washington Blvd.

Jerry Allen - New Member

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #18 - 04/23/12 at 21:20:27
Quote Print Post  
I was not going to go as my shoulder is giving lot of problems Cry & I am worn out in about 2-3hrs But I see lot of back seats are going to be needed so I will go. Who ever draws me might get to run the boat most the day.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #19 - 04/25/12 at 01:43:30
Quote Print Post  
Where are you coming from DMarashall?

IP Logged

DMarshall
Forum Member

I Love Bass Fishing!

Reply #20 - 04/25/12 at 01:51:49
Quote Print Post  
Issaquah, and I can drive to any location near the launch where there is parking.

Darryl
AIM  
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 04/25/12 at 04:21:28
Quote Print Post  
I will be going to the Lake Washington draw tournament this weekend but have a couple of problems regarding the tournament.

The problems are that I have to leave the tournament at 10:30 AM on Saturday for my son’s baseball game (I’ll be able to fish all day Sunday), and the livewell in my boat only holds 13 gallons (don’t think that’s enough to hold 5 fish for a tournament for even one person if he/she is catching them).

I want to take part in my first tournament but am not quite sure how this would work with the draw format.  I’m not concerned about winning anything tournament  wise, I just want to be part of the tournament and fish with the club as always, but I don’t want to tell a draw partner I can only fish till 10:30 on Saturday and there’s probably not enough room in my livewell if he/she catches 5 decent fish.

I guess I just sign up, not have anybody in my boat, just leave when I have to and fish by myself both days, but that goes against the whole draw format.  I can do that, I just want whoever is in charge of setting up the tournament to know this before we all show up Saturday morning.

Suggestions please.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #22 - 04/25/12 at 05:06:14
Quote Print Post  
It's good that you are letting everyone know ahead of time Karl.  My suggestion is the tournament director let you fish by yourself saturday.  If the livewell really is that small, not sure it's a good idea to have a non-boater.  You could run your aerator most of the day and keep 5 fish alive I bet.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

LunkerCity14
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #23 - 04/25/12 at 15:37:09
Quote Print Post  
I would really like to fish the tourney but can only fish Saturday as I am going out of town Sunday for a few days. Let me know if that will work? Thanks guys.

Alex Lubov

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/25/12 at 16:07:28
Quote Print Post  
Karl I think the biggest problem you have in this scenario is that Terry cant weigh your fish at 10:30am as he himself will be fishing.  If I happen to not draw a boater I'd be happy to transport your fish to the weigh in at its designated time.  That is as long as terry approves of it.  I'm sure he will post about this within the next few days. 

Also 13 gallons will hold 5 fish fine. My tracker only holds 20gal and I've had over thirty pounds of smallies in there for ten fish and they did fine.  you just have to keep a close eye on them and recirc the water frequently.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #25 - 04/25/12 at 17:25:18
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Karl I think the biggest problem you have in this scenario is that Terry cant weigh your fish at 10:30am as he himself will be fishing.  If I happen to not draw a boater I'd be happy to transport your fish to the weigh in at its designated time.  That is as long as Terry approves of it.  I'm sure he will post about this within the next few days.  

Also 13 gallons will hold 5 fish fine. My tracker only holds 20gal and I've had over thirty pounds of smallies in there for ten fish and they did fine.  you just have to keep a close eye on them and recirc the water frequently.

Karl-I don't have a problem with you leaving and wanting to be a part of the tournament, however, weighing any fish for Saturday may pose a problem.  If you want to fish, you are welcome.  My feeling is you would have to forfeit any fish for Saturday as I can't weigh them before you leave.  Sunday would be normal tournament procedures

Troy-if you were solo, you may have room in your livewell, but you could possibly be transporting more than your daily 5 fish limit. 

LunkerCity14-you too are welcome to participate on only Saturday, but the fees are the same as if you fished both days.

If anyone has any other information contradicting fish limits and tournaments, feel free to let me know.  That is how I would interpret it.

Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 04/26/12 at 00:29:30
Quote Print Post  
And thats why you my friend are tournament director.  Keeping me from getting a ticket!  Sorry Karl  Smiley

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 04/26/12 at 00:32:17
Quote Print Post  
Also based on my prefish I'm not so sure there would be more than five fish in my livewell even if Karl gave me five...

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 04/26/12 at 01:54:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks everyone for your input,

It looks like it would be best for me to fish by myself on Saturday and just keep track of what I catch for my own records.  Any fish I might catch would just be forfeited as far as the tournament goes.  I'll come back by 3:30 to see how everyone did.

Sounds like my 13 gallon livewell should hold 5 fish just fine.  Never had more than 2 decent smallies in there before, but its good to know that if I catch 5 during a tournament they should be fine.

Sunday I will be there all day and will let the backseater use the livewell.  I'll just weigh, measure and release my fish during the day for my own satisfaction.  Don't believe I'll be challenging anyone for any top honors.

See you at 5 AM.

Will there be any food provided by the club like the chili dogs we usually have at the fish-ins?

Really appreciate everyones help on this.

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #29 - 04/26/12 at 02:15:10
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there praying for a backseat.....

Jeff Iacchei

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo