Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Here comes Silver Lake!! (Read 5312 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Here comes Silver Lake!!
04/10/11 at 00:03:45
Quote Print Post  
So....Silver Lake Tournament next weekend!!!!
Whos goin and whattcha think will be the winning weight????
I'm goin and I think it'll take 24 pounds to win this one....the temps are stabilizing and things have been slow there..(Pending reports of St. Helens tourney today!) im so looking forward to it even though no pre-fishing for me this weekend I hope to drive around next friday to check temps and look around a bit.
« Last Edit: 04/10/11 at 11:40:43 by Larry S. »  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Here comes Silver Lake!!
Reply #1 - 04/10/11 at 04:15:05
Quote Print Post  
St Helen's was won with a 5.4 lber or something close to that.  28 boats, 9 boats caught fish, 11 fish total. 
The water temp was about 51 degree's in the canals and almost 50 on the main lake.  I'm not going to say 24 lbs is impossible, but I'd be very surprised.

The WDFW warm water dept is going to be monitoring Silver Lake due to the poor fishing and water quality in the recent years.  Someone in the Club gave a little speech about it, there should be more info on there website soon.  They were saying that for twice a month for the next two years the state, mostly Stacy Kelsey will be doing tests with the water and electroshocking areas and doing studies.  I think its a great thing. 

Have fun next weekend.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 04/10/11 at 11:42:31
Quote Print Post  
your not goin Chris?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 04/10/11 at 11:52:38
Quote Print Post  
Oh...if anyone needs a campsite mine is avail....sp.13, im roomin with Jose in the motel....you have till tues. latest. post here.

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #4 - 04/10/11 at 13:30:29
Quote Print Post  
I'll br there.

I think spinnerbaits will be a factor if there is a breeze and deadsticking Senkos when there's not will win it.  18lbs. will do it.

Jeff Iacchei

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #5 - 04/10/11 at 19:48:31
Quote Print Post  
Time for a tin boater to win!!!  Grin

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/11/11 at 05:40:17
Quote Print Post  
Spinnerbaits can be a factor in catching a few fish, but there are specific areas that allow a spinnerbait to be thrown to the fish properly. I caught my biggest bass ever in this tournament on a blade in 2005 and a 6 and 4lber, but in the end I had to to go to something else for the rest. Weather is a bigger factor on this lake this time of the year, and it been proven especially this year with the poor catches in recent tournaments. If you can get 2-3 days of good sun leading into Saturday, then the bite should turn on. Jigs and brush hogs seem to round out a lot of bags.

I hope there isnt a water quality issue. Seems there wouldnt be with so much water filtering in and out of there. Bait forage would be my main concern. I know there are a good amount of crappies in there, but not sure about other fish. A bluegill stocking program might be nice. And get rid of those darn carp!

Good luck to all, I will be at the Potholes Open this weekend. Lets show the other clubs how WBC can catch them.

BTW, my profile pict is that 8-8 caught that year for those that didnt know.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #7 - 04/11/11 at 13:40:55
Quote Print Post  
I will be going with an open back seat (usually have a kid that comes with me). Looking forward to it. My guess is 13 pounds will win it.....

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 04/14/11 at 00:08:26
Quote Print Post  
Really upset that i cant defend my title this year. My girlfriend is going to a wedding in california this weekend, so i get to stay home with the dogs. But i live on a lake and i will be out there. It will take 13 pounds to win it. One tip, find spawing areas.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/14/11 at 01:21:20
Quote Print Post  
Uh Oh Brian.... when she comes back from her friends wedding...she's gonna want to be married. Good luck with that.

Anyhow. Silver lake is a tough one to guess weights because it is so tempermentle this time of the year. If the bit turns on, people will catch 13-21 pounds a day. If the weather stays the way it has you're looking at 10-13 pounds total for 2 days. Big fish should be a 5-6 pounder at least though. I love this lake. I am bummed I will miss this one.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #10 - 04/14/11 at 03:31:24
Quote Print Post  
We're still ok to prefish on friday right?

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #11 - 04/14/11 at 03:48:24
Quote Print Post  
   Smiley Yes you may pre-fish on Friday.

But you can not stick any tin boat fish!  Cheesy

AIM  
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #12 - 04/14/11 at 03:50:56
Quote Print Post  
OK just tell me exactly where your going to fish and I promise to stay away. Grin

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #13 - 04/14/11 at 03:56:36
Quote Print Post  
Grin  Going to fish out of the front end of my boat.   Grin

AIM  
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 04/14/11 at 05:36:52
Quote Print Post  
Make sure guys catch a ton of fish, looks like Stacie Kelsey from the WDFW will be there to look at a few of them.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/yaf_postsm131797_bass-tourney---Silver-Lake...

Susan and I aren't making this one, hook em hard !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo