Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lk Washington (Read 9822 times)
5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Lk Washington
03/21/11 at 11:30:54
Quote Print Post  
Went out on Washington for a couple hours yesterday.  Caught 2 and lost a third. First was just under 4#, in 21' of water, second was a little over 2# in 23' and the one I lost NAILED it on the fall next to a bridge piling on 20'. All S L O W presentation and on a tube..... Grin

L_Wa_3.jpg ( 337 KB | 264 Downloads )
L_Wa_3.jpg

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Lk Washington
Reply #1 - 03/21/11 at 17:36:25
Quote Print Post  
Great job I should have went to WA & not the small lakes. Note to members about posting photos Please read this so your photos fit on the page. http://www.westernbassclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1281648274

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #2 - 03/25/11 at 11:31:09
Quote Print Post  
Haha  John, I have a feeling your "message" was directed at me! Kind of cool though, that the fish was SO BIG you have to scroll around to see the whole thing!!!!!! Cool

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 07/20/11 at 17:41:32
Quote Print Post  
Went to WA Yesterday 7-20-11 I have been hearing its tough out there but it had been few weeks so I thought things might have pick up.
Got one on a spinner bait in about 5ft 2lbr got another on top water in about 3ft 3lber both b4 10am
Then I saw Bonny launching under I 90 few sec later Mark B came by guess we were having a fish-in
I ran to all the points with no luck Moved out to 20ft Drop shot got a little LM . Around 1pm went to 5ft spinner bait  got a LM around 1lb
Then I saw Bonny again & Bill Hill we all were doing about the same not alot of fish & no pattern. I lost a nice one after that in 26ft on a Drop shot had her right to the boat.
Water was 65-68 Cloudy all day despite the weather mans prediction for sun & 70 Was very calm until noon.
The fishing is tough but I don't think its a post spawn thing It seems more like the food source is scattered IE no perch on the deep weed lines as there are not that many deep weeds due to lack of sun & I think lot of the hatch is just not there I had no taps or perch at all when I went deep. Just guessing here I am no expert.
O & I got one huge squaw fish that needed some extra breathing hole so I helped him out.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #4 - 08/10/11 at 04:59:33
Quote Print Post  
Went out today from 7-12 and it was dead.  I was only able to get 1 2lber.  Is it me or is tough on that lake this year?

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/12/11 at 14:32:01
Quote Print Post  
Says, Lake Washington can be real humbling in the summer.  I went 8/4 with the kids and managed a limit, but nothing special, best fish was around 4lbs, 1 at 3lbs and the rest just keepers, but I fished only grass lines to stay around perch to keep the kids catching fish.  Hit it again on 8/9 and the bite was slow but the big boys were eating and had around 17lbs for the best 5.  The biggest, close to 5lbs had a crawdad in it's mouth when I landed her.  The claw from the crawdad was close to 4" long.  Basically a fresh water lobster in it's mouth already!  Caught them all DS different baits, and a variety of leader legnths as I experimented all day long.  Caught them on grasslines, underwater rock piles and docks.  But it was a really slow bite.  One here one there kind of bite and nothing stacked up on any one spot.

Mark

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #6 - 08/15/11 at 17:32:29
Quote Print Post  
Summer is normally my best time on Lake WA I could go out & put 10-12lbs in the boat every time with a few 15lb days This year I work my a#$ off to get 5 keepers. Most the guys I talk to out there say the same thing with the rare one who is killing them & then there is magic Mark M. I bow to your master fishing ability  Tongue
At first I was just hitting spots that always produced fish in the past but soon found out that was not going to work Just have to junk fish all-day going from 5ft to 25ft Spinner baits Drop shot Sinkos dragging all seem to catch 1 or 2  fish but no pattern Sucks to the point I don't even want to go & I have had lots of time to go but have opted to stay home & do projects.

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/18/11 at 01:04:41
Quote Print Post  
I live in Washougal now but I spent 17 years learning how to catch SM bass on Lk Washington. I was on it 40 to 50 days a year. August was always a great month on that lake. However, you have to be willing to troll which is not legal in competition. I used 10 lb braid and a Hotlips med diver CB in rainbow trout. Put your favorite scent on it. If you use any deep diver CB the resistance will just wear you out. If you try this with any mono line you will fail to get the bait deep enough and will be unable to detect light bites or even achieve hook penetration. Your GPS should be reading between 1.5 and 2.0 MPH. Let the fish tell you what speed they like that day. I am currently experimenting with 12 lb Berkley Nanofil. This rig, if you let enough line out, will get the Hotlips to 28 feet if need be. The bait must be making contact with gravel or rock. You guys know the spots. This rig will work all day but try doing this a couple hours before dawn sometime. It tends to catch almost all quality fish if done correctly and in the right area. I don't why but dinks just don't bite it. I once cought two 5# even smallies on consecutive sets. My best August day was 30 fish.
I really miss Lk Washington. You guys have no idea how good that lake is...

ex member
Pat Sotherlund

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 08/18/11 at 14:41:30
Quote Print Post  
Good to hear from ya Pat....I'll be on Lk. Wa. today and will say hi for ya...hope all is well and you are getting out over there. Cheesy

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 08/19/11 at 01:48:57
Quote Print Post  
Hit Lk. Wa. today from 9:30 till 5:30 biggest was a Smally at 3 lbs even and alot of small fish...still seeing schools of fry jetting around and alot of weed debris snagging up spinnerbaits and cranks...all my fish on dropshots along weedlines.

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/20/11 at 21:40:24
Quote Print Post  
I also was out on the 18th and I didn't see you Larry.  Where were you?

I managed to get 7 keepers the biggest going 2.8.  Also landed a largemouth just under 2.  My biggest came in 27 feet of water with a Yes it's true a 176 grub.

Seens like they are just outside the weed lines.

Sunny and warm.

Bill

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #11 - 09/08/11 at 18:31:11
Quote Print Post  
Was out on the lake on Sunday the 4th and it was a zoo with all the pleasure boaters out there. Still managed to catch some fish in the morning. Saw Henry and he had a boat load of fish in his live well, ran into a school of smallies all looked decent sized. I caught some small ones but managed two decent sized ones. Big one was 4.4 lbs and other was 3.4 lbs. It got to crazy so I got off the water at about 3:00 pm.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #12 - 09/08/11 at 18:48:33
Quote Print Post  
Sweet fish Thomas.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 09/08/11 at 21:54:23
Quote Print Post  
Yep no fish in that lake  Grin

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #14 - 09/08/11 at 23:54:16
Quote Print Post  
Went to Lake WA today drive down the sunrise was awesome but I couldn't take a photo going 60 in the truck Sad got there at 7ish saw Marc Medeiros launching his boat.The bite was insane by 10am I stopped counting at 20 lot of them were size like the photo no huge ones but lot of quality. The bite slowed at noon & I was off the lake by 2pm I love September on WA almost no boat traffic weather is great & fish are in good mood. Hope the bite is this good on Saturday for the cast for kinds event.

DSC01156_Custom.JPG ( 28 KB | 239 Downloads )
DSC01156_Custom.JPG

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo