Normal Topic Yeah I finally caugh a Bass!!!!!!! (Read 1428 times)
Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Yeah I finally caugh a Bass!!!!!!!
10/11/03 at 18:24:31
Quote Print Post  
Went to Lake Washington yesterday and fished from 2pm till about 9pm. Only caught 1 small mouth about 1 pound I am guessing. thought it was a toad after catching dink perch the last three time out. Picked up Virgil around 6pm and tried the night bite but decided it was time to go when the cranking battery started dieing on us and we were loosing our running lights and electronics. With out a bite Except for Virgil's half pound crawdad at 45ft, we tucked our tails between our legs and headed home.

Tried the perch school trick with no luck I think the one that I caught played hooky from school that day and didn't know any better.

Some tips on locating fish would be nice

Jim

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Re: Yeah I finally caugh a Bass!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 10/11/03 at 19:39:15
Quote Print Post  
I suspect you have located them, they are just very picky about what their taking right now.  My recent camera work on Washington has shown several things.  The fish are very spooked by quick up and down movements of anything (so, don't pop a drop shot rig up and down too fast for instance).
Kicking up silt attracts SM and scares perch away.  Whenever I set the camera down on the bottem it kicked up silt and SM would move rapidly over to the camera and inspect it carefully.  If I then picked it up very slowely they would stay and watch it, move it fast and they vanished.  The schooling bass I observed were very spooky and did not seem interested in feeding.  The lone fish were more curious and did appear to be foraging.  Also, the schooling bass were typically the same size, small.  The schools were invariable located over rock or some structure. The feeding bass (loners) could be found anywhere in the same depth range. I found several schools of perch but did not see any bass near them.  However since the camera tends to make the perch flee it was tough to look all around the school.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Yeah I finally caugh a Bass!!!!!!!
Reply #2 - 10/13/03 at 04:42:13
Quote Print Post  
Undecided Ok dude, one more time. you find 1/2 lbs, crayfish, you find bass! any questions? Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo