Normal Topic Rufus Woods. (Read 2779 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Rufus Woods.
02/25/11 at 21:08:56
Quote Print Post  
Me and Jose went to the Gamefishin outing at Rufus Woods and I learned a valuable lesson....bring your scale on every trip!!!
We got to Coulee Playland and rented the Yurt...equipt with multiple hearters of course as it was just 20 degrees and 3 inches of fresh snow!!!

We went out for two hours Friday...7 hrs. saturday and on Banks for 5 hours sunday.....
Heres why I needed the scale.....

She was every bit of 8 lbs and at 23-1/4 inches I thought that it had to be over 24...so she got released...too cold to fillet fish anyways!!! plus they eat better at 3-4 lbs....
Jose got this lil chunker Trout on Banks....

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Rufus Woods.
Reply #1 - 02/25/11 at 22:55:11
Quote Print Post  
Larry-

Those are some beautiful pictures...did you and Jose catch fish at Rufus Woods also?  It looks like the pictures of the trout and walleye were taken at Banks....true?  How were the roads driving back?  I assume you had to white knuckle it at times...especially over the pass Huh

Bob

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/26/11 at 03:56:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,

Sorry to burst your bubble a bit, but using a typical length-weight relationship for walleye, a 23 inch fish weighs in around 4.5 pounds. An 8 pounder would have to be more like 28 inches.

BUT! Many kudos to you and Jose for getting out to Banks in the snow and catching some nice fish. That is awesome.

Chris

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 02/26/11 at 06:41:44
Quote Print Post  
When I first started to read this I thought maybe ya needed your scale to get the weight of snow.   Grin

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 02/26/11 at 16:34:57
Quote Print Post  
Bob...we did spin out once going up the dam but did no damage....Chris..I wondered that myself....did have a full gut....I have always been a bad judge of weight still, i think it was 6-7.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo