Normal Topic Freeze your bass blast 2011 (Read 2117 times)
Troy
Ex Member

Freeze your bass blast 2011
02/21/11 at 23:59:56
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to Mark M and Maglio for placing second at sammamish this last sat.  The bite was tougher that it had been all month and had it not been for a few largemouth they probably would of won it.  Quite a few club members there to show support.  I weighed 7.48 but with a dead fish penalty it dropped me down and quite possibly out of the money since Doucet and Rider also weighed 7.48. 

Troy

IP Logged

Kevin_B
Forum Member

I Love WBC! and beer

Re: Freeze your bass blast 2011
Reply #1 - 02/22/11 at 06:38:51
Quote Print Post  
Congrats folks! I'm surprised that a few lmb's were caught. Might not be a big deal,just figured these fish wouldn't show themselves for another month or so.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 02/22/11 at 17:52:54
Quote Print Post  
What a nice guy Maglio showing Mark were all those fish were  Tongue

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/22/11 at 21:14:45
Quote Print Post  
BassAholic wrote on 02/22/11 at 17:52:54:
What a nice guy Maglio showing Mark were all those fish were  Tongue

Thanks to Rob pulling his fair share we did quite well.  Anytime you can beat Wolsky (i.e. the leprchun) on Sammamish that alone can make a guy feel good.
Rob and I had our weight by 9:20 in the morning.  Hit a few smallie area's on the way to the northend.  Started largie fishing around 11:30 till 1:30.  Knew that if we had a shot at winning and big fish it would have to be largies.  Drug the grass line in 25ft and then hit the wood pilings to NO bites.  Wound up with 9.99lbs and our big fish was a 4.00 smallie and 2 cookie cutter 3lbers were the other fish for our bag.  Downsized baits moved really slow were our key.

mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo