Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Riffe tourney report? (Read 7003 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Riffe tourney report?
06/23/08 at 02:16:35
Quote Print Post  
How did it go?

Stu

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Re: Riffe tourney report?
Reply #1 - 06/23/08 at 02:21:14
Quote Print Post  
It went well.............. Wink Cool

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #2 - 06/23/08 at 03:06:58
Quote Print Post  
Come on details!  I overslept saturday so I guess I'll be going next weekend since my rods are already rigged!

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #3 - 06/23/08 at 03:52:15
Quote Print Post  
We had 21 boats, while the fishing was tough for most, most of the fish were 1 1/2-2lbs, Henry Dover took big fish with a 3.8. The weather was awesome on Sat., After the rain shower passed on sunday it was pleasent as well. water temps was 57-65* and while some fish were found shallow the majority of them were caught between 12-16 ft. All and all despite a few gliches, it was an awesome tourney.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/23/08 at 03:55:12
Quote Print Post  
My sources tell me that Brian won the tourney and Keri May was 2nd. Congratulations!

Stu

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #5 - 06/23/08 at 04:12:59
Quote Print Post  
Congrats to all!

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/23/08 at 04:40:19
Quote Print Post  
congrats to brian, kerri, and my boy mikeal! for showing me how to catch fish on riffe lake  Cheesy.  we got most our fish very shallow even some topwater fish!  that is until the wind came up then fished 10-18ft to drag up some more keepers sunday.  backseated again so if anyone ever wants a guide give me a call   Roll Eyes

troy

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/23/08 at 04:59:44
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Brian and Keri.  You guys did an awesome job.  Keep up the good work.  Hope everyone had a good time.

Chuck P
« Last Edit: 06/25/08 at 03:54:30 by »  

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #8 - 06/23/08 at 05:02:38
Quote Print Post  
Winning weights?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 06/23/08 at 12:40:37
Quote Print Post  
I believe Brian had 19+
Keri with 17+
and Mike had 16+
Very tough fishing as being a river.....you would think the river current would determine the fishes perspective on how they wanted baits presented but with me and Jose we got just jumbled feedback of hit or miss bites and/or fish as the Trout were smacking our baits way more than the Bass were!
Then, to add injult to injury...seems the fish were relating to that current just as we thought in how the winning patterns developed........imagine that! Tongue

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #10 - 06/23/08 at 16:58:34
Quote Print Post  
congats to all who fished well. my starter on my boat went out on saturday morning so i realy was not in the mood to fish after that. so today im working on my boat. thanks again phil for offering your backseat to me.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #11 - 06/23/08 at 19:36:58
Quote Print Post  
Well I was just glad I got fish I have never seen that lake & had no clue were to go But after the first day I new there would be a good top water bite in one spot & so did Troy  Angry GET OFF MY SPOT MAN LOL Na its cool Also it was nice to get a largemouth Had I found LM way in the shallows it would have been lights out. All I could do was try something different & swing for the fence.Was lot of fun & the so called deadly wind was not so(0 wind Saturday ) & the reports of you must drag bottom not true either.Power fishing was available & crank baits spinner baits jerk baits all did work. This is the first year I have started to use crank baits & do some power fishing so not having the wide selection of baits didn't help me.
Was great to hangout  have good food & laughs with other club members. Nice to know there are more nuts like me out there.As always a great learning experience for me.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #12 - 06/23/08 at 22:47:10
Quote Print Post  
Well, first of all, congrats to all and my wife wanted me to say how nice it looks when there are so many boats out on the water for the weigh-in,it shows alot of participation by all which in turn makes it fun for me. Although I did catch alot of fish they did not seem to have much weight to them. Alot of them were males along the shore in about 10ft of water, I tried looking for some females in deeper water but with no luck. Still had alot of fun. Again,thanks to all.

Thomas

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/24/08 at 00:05:47
Quote Print Post  
i dont wanna brag about these sweet smalllies i caught but here is a pic of two that we got saturday  Grin

troy

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #14 - 06/24/08 at 02:47:58
Quote Print Post  
Nice pictures Troy.

My boat is in the shop and hopefully will be ready for the next outing soon. The motor worked for a little while but when it stopped locking in the down position, I could not slow myself down. It was pretty cool, step on the gas and the motor comes out of the water Grin Let me and my stupidity be a lesson to you all. Never leave your trolling motor down while trying to load your boat on the trailer Grin

Again congrats to Brian, Keri and Mike for a good tourny.

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo