Normal Topic Ohop Benefit (Read 1714 times)
Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Ohop Benefit
09/13/10 at 18:57:58
Quote Print Post  
Big D and I fished a small tournament this Saturday at Ohop. It was for the Potholes Habitat something or other. I hadnt been to Ohop since high school and D had never been there.

Now going there I knew this was for a benefit and had zero expectations of what we may catch. To Daryl and my suprise we caught 16 LBS! 5 fish total and big was just shy of 5 1/2. So Ohop has some good fish in it still.

If you go there make sure you fish the very first boat dock right next to the launch. It's the only dock near the launch so make sure and fish it and let the owner see you fishing it. He is, for lack of a better term, very unstable:) He was yelling at another boat to not fish his dock. So make sure you do!

Good times!

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Ohop Benefit
Reply #1 - 09/14/10 at 00:06:23
Quote Print Post  
Wow, never heard of that tournament, good job guys.  I went there twice this year.  First trip I had one over 7 follow out a swimbait, besides that nothing.  Second trip I got a 5 and a half on a Jig and a few dinks I think.  Decent lake with a bunch of different cover options to fish.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Re: Ohop Benefit
Reply #2 - 09/14/10 at 01:18:41
Quote Print Post  
Daryl emailed me on Tuesday I think about it otherwise I would not have heard of it. Awesome lake. Will be back for sure.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo