Normal Topic Truck & Boat maintenance (Read 1063 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Truck & Boat maintenance
07/19/10 at 17:13:05
Quote Print Post  
I wanted to start a useful thread here about so things that have come up on my boat & truck lately that may help some others avoid some bad days.
As I was launching the boat the other day my 93 F150 broke the drive belt but it was all most brand new I know Faz had the belt tensioner brake on him at banks lake & that was what I expected to find The tensioner was fine what I found out was they has been an up date on the belt tensioner & it affects many of the Fords Mine was misaligned & was rubbing on the belt causing it to wear out the belt.

I replace the tires on my boat trailer because they were starting to show cracks on the side walls Dont just look at the tread on your tires & think they are good age & rubber are a bad combo That being said I took a close look at my truck tires & they seemed ok but were not the best but after hearing Terry's story of a blown tire a few years ago I thought it best to get a new set. Terry hope you can share the story here.

Phil can share his story of what to look out for that could save your boat motor.

I know Larry has a boat trailer brake story to share.

The point of all this is to just give a heads up to members & use this site for what it is intended to disseminate information & help each other out

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo