Normal Topic Bandits robbing anglers in Mexico... (Read 1257 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Bandits robbing anglers in Mexico...
05/31/10 at 19:27:00
Quote Print Post  
I work part-time at the Seattle Times, and one of the articles coming out today is about how the Mexican's drug lord's business is suffering some, so they are diversifying and now are robbing American anglers out on the lakes when they cross the border from Texas to fish for largemouth.  Of course they wait until you get out on the water.

Apparently they come zooming up to your boat with machine guns, are dressed in black claiming to be federales, (but supporting identical gang tattoos on their necks and arms), and take everything you have.  In Texas you are allowed to carry a gun in your boat, but when you cross the boarder it is illegal to have a weapon, so... you are susceptible to getting robbed.  (Not that I want to shoot it out with machine guns anyway!)

The US is now telling all anglers to stay home, or risk getting robbed on the water. 

Hope that doesn't ruin anyone's plans...

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Bandits robbing anglers in Mexico...
Reply #1 - 06/01/10 at 03:38:05
Quote Print Post  
I think them bandits would be rather disapointed with the lack of loot they would find in a WBC members boat.  Shocked

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Tnbasmstr
Ex Member

Re: Bandits robbing anglers in Mexico...
Reply #2 - 06/04/10 at 03:47:32
Quote Print Post  
Figures......someone is always trying to rain on anothers parade......I think all US SHIPS (Bass Boats) should be equipped with RPG's, guided missiles and torpedo's from this time on....Sink them before they get close enough.....Seems the US and Mexico need to figure out what do they really want.....The ability to come here, live, and work.....or maybe close the dang borders period to both sides and declare Mexico a Terrorists state......Geez.....can't get a break on gas, boat costs, insurance and now pirates on lakes and rivers....what is next?   

Oh I know.....No salt water fishing on the gulf coast.....Thanks BP..........

Didn't they sponsor or support the BASS or FLW at one time?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo