Normal Topic Lk Sam slough (Read 2846 times)
5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Lk Sam slough
05/18/10 at 13:04:02
Quote Print Post  
HAHAHA  Ron and I headed back into the slough this weekend and SLAYED em'. There were smallie beds everywhere. We were being passed by canoes, row boats, kayaks and paddle boats. Had a great day, til, Chris Sargeant enlightened Ron after, that the slough is closed to ALL power boats (motors running or not). OOOOPS!  hahaha

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Lk Sam slough
Reply #1 - 05/19/10 at 04:11:09
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to be a buzzkill guys...  Smiley But, it was an easy mistake to make.

It wasn't until this year that it was totally apparent that motorboats weren't allowed into the slough. There was always a sign at the entrance saying, "No motors allowed", but it was unclear whose regulation that was, and whether you could go in on trolling motor only.

This year, WDFW updated their rules for the Sammamish River to say, "No internal combustion engines allowed." Which means, unfortunately, that no boats EQUIPPED with an engine are permitted. This has been discussed a bunch in the past, so to be clear, the state rule is different from county rules posted at small, local lakes. County rules typically allow boats with engines to tilt their engines up and fish lakes under electric power only. It is only the state rule that doesn't allow this.

Chris

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #2 - 05/20/10 at 13:16:22
Quote Print Post  
Dang sarge, you even sound smart! Grin

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 05/21/10 at 02:51:55
Quote Print Post  
crap that sucks.  easy mistake to make.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/22/10 at 21:40:18
Quote Print Post  
Is that only for gas motors, or are electric motors included?

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/23/10 at 02:12:16
Quote Print Post  
If you had a boat with just an electric motor, you could go in...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo