Normal Topic Largies / Smallies (Read 2848 times)
trucknmusic
Ex Member

Largies / Smallies
02/19/10 at 00:35:08
Quote Print Post  
Will this warming trend turn on the largies for this weekend or should I try for smallies???

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Largies / Smallies
Reply #1 - 02/19/10 at 01:10:24
Quote Print Post  
uuhhhhh.... YES!

What's stopping you from looking for both?

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/19/10 at 05:27:09
Quote Print Post  
One lake I was thinking about fishing is really small and only has largies.  But I thought bc it was small (and a little tinted) it might warm up faster than the big lakes.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/19/10 at 17:25:06
Quote Print Post  
With the extra light in the past week or two, there is every possibility that some early birds will start their pre-spawn roaming.  The biggest  females almost always lead the way before the first wave of fish start moving in.  So your chances of catching numbers may not great, but the chance of catch a toad goes up.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/19/10 at 17:26:53
Quote Print Post  
I would go for LM hands down.

IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/19/10 at 20:29:22
Quote Print Post  
in the past years of fishing this tournament and the amount of light this week, i agree with the rev fish will be on the move. i dont think most fish will be deep. def look for wood or rock by weedlines, good luck to all the westerns in this tournament......shine baby shine

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #6 - 02/20/10 at 02:02:00
Quote Print Post  
i live on a small 37 acer lake and today i saw 2 small largies on the shore today. water temp 48.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/20/10 at 04:11:16
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
in the past years of fishing this tournament and the amount of light this week, i agree with the rev fish will be on the move. i dont think most fish will be deep. def look for wood or rock by weedlines, good luck to all the westerns in this tournament......shine baby shine

No ones talking about the Evergreen open tournament.  You are definetly still sick.   Tongue

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/23/10 at 08:29:37
Quote Print Post  
Well - I pulled a real Dumass move!  Went to the largie lake I wanted to fish... It was closed.  Thought it might of been a fluke and went to another lake close by and it was closed too (locked gates).  Didn't realized these small lakes closed... what is wrong w/ this state?  Anyways I decided to head north gto Goodwin but remember about lake Ki, which has no gates so I thought it was open - actually launched there b4 being told by a guy on his dock that it was closed too and they had been giving tickets - so I had to reload.  After wasting about an hour and half moving around I decided to still go to goodwin.  Being rigged for largies spent the 1st hour or so flipping docks w/ no luck then switch to dragging/reving for smallies.  Didn't have some of the gear I wanted to use for the smallies but still thought I would get bit - but nothing.  It was fun flipping shallow for a day though and weather was great!  Saw no signs of life in the shallows yet - and the visibility was amazing!  Very dissapointed by water temps... actually colder than tues when I fished - mostly 45. 

Not gonna give up yet, got one more month and am determined to catch a biggun.  Looks like I will have to focus on smallies though bc I guess the other lakes don't open till I leave.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #9 - 02/23/10 at 17:41:58
Quote Print Post  
Always check the Regs before fishing lakes before April 30th there are lot of lakes that are closed even if you can get on them.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo