Normal Topic You tired too? (Read 2806 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

You tired too?
07/27/09 at 01:22:24
Quote Print Post  
Is it just me or is everyone tired? I am mostly taking a break between trips....that and letting the crazies have the lakes for awhile!! Grin

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: You tired too?
Reply #1 - 07/27/09 at 02:28:29
Quote Print Post  
You want to talk about tired.  Try fishing a night tourny.  Trucknmusic, Thomas, and myself fished with WBA at Goodwin.  It was fun, but so brutal. 
My goal was to catch a fish at night, just one I didn't care about anything else.  I caught 3 short fish before dark.  Around 3am I caught 2 trout, nice trout around 13 inches.  Then 10 minutes before weigh-in at 6am I got a topwater blast from a 3.99 SM 10 feet from the boat, on a super pop-R.  True LUCK. 

I slept from 9am-5pm, and am dead tired.   Pics as soon as I unload the boat  Embarrassed

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/27/09 at 10:09:36
Quote Print Post  
... I slept 13 hrs after ...  Only keeper bite came at like 10pm for me, which made it tough to stay up.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 07/27/09 at 17:24:46
Quote Print Post  
Its the heat That is why I have AC in the house makes sleeping much better but I still dont sleep most of the time even in the winter Dam I hate getting older.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/27/09 at 20:53:53
Quote Print Post  
I used to fish night events down in Georgia and the scary thing was that at many of those events there usually was a lightning storm.

Caught some nice fish at some of those events.

Just too old and tired to fish these now.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #5 - 07/28/09 at 02:57:58
Quote Print Post  
I can feel it too, I over slept big time saturday morn and decided to work on the honey do list.  Then on sunday morn I was moving slow and had the thought that with this heat I'll just hit my home lake.  Wasn't to bad, I was the 6th boat to launch, no crowd.  My plan was to leave at noon before it got crazy. What a foolish plan that was, it was a freaking overpopulated zoo, was more entertainment at the launch then the opening day of low land lake trout season.  It took me over an hour to get my trailer in the water. I had to ask some who where launching to let me in line as there was no way possible to get to the end of the line as all possible normal routes where blocked.  With more boats pulling in the line was backed up on to the road comming in. One kindly gentalman refused to let me get ahead of him, needless to say I was able to get behind him as those that let me in did understand the common sense of letting one boat load and go to make room. Can you believe the man who refused to let me cut in front of him was still in the process of launching while I was making my walk around check prior to leaving.  Now the first guy that let me cut in told me it was nice to see how fast I was able to load up, "was a treat to watch" he stated.  I did see two boat trailers that got dammaged due to them being parked to far into the normal traffic flow.  Sure those owners where cursing when they saw the damage.  Now the big question is, will we hear zzzzzzzzzzzzz's comming from the Champion boat at the night fish-in?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 07/28/09 at 17:03:16
Quote Print Post  
If you think the heat is slowing you down, you guys should know that it will be over 100* down here for the next three days at least.  It's not much cooler up Kirk's way.  Still the way to beat the heat down here is to go early in the morning and get off the water by noon. Cool  The fishin and catchin is usually pretty good also! Cheesy

See you all when the club comes down in a few weeks.

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper
« Last Edit: 07/29/09 at 12:37:20 by DUNE HOPPER »  

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/28/09 at 18:35:01
Quote Print Post  
100 degree's over the mountains is nothing compared to 95 over on this side.  Enjoy it Smitty, sounds like fun fishin.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/03/09 at 12:43:09
Quote Print Post  
The best thing over there Smitty is to actually jump in the river. I have been working in Prosser for the last month and will be till the end of Sept. The plant manager took us out on his sled last week along with my boss's (or boss' I dont know) jet skis. We water skied and all that good stuff. The water was perfectly refreshing on 100 deg days. I can see why most of those people have so much fun while we are cooking are butts off fishing.

Oh yeah and I m taking my boat over this week to pre-fish after work as much as I can.  Wink Sorry for the slight advantage boys. Hopefully I can get that weekend off though.........

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo