Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New license fees (Read 4732 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

New license fees
07/13/09 at 20:59:46
Quote Print Post  
Check out this news release from WDFW:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=jul1309a

Note the new "two-pole" option coming soon.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: New license fees
Reply #1 - 07/13/09 at 21:53:39
Quote Print Post  
Unclear what a fishing license will cost now But IMO this is a load of BS we pay way to much right now How is it when I went to Idaho the fee for residence was like $35 for a fishing & hunting license and I can only get a freshwater license for that here.
Fish license, boat launch fees, Trailer tabs, boat tabs wow they sure know how to run a budget Tax more spend more its the Government way.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/13/09 at 23:20:09
Quote Print Post  
The annual resident fee for a combination license (freshwater, saltwater, shellfish) currently costs $42 and will likely rise by 10% (about $4.20). A freshwater license is only $22 and will likely rise by about $2.20.

Compared to what we pay for everything else in life, $46 per year to enjoy all of the fishing our state has to offer is a heck of a deal. That is less than a tank of gas for most people. Check out what people in California have to pay for licenses ($41 plus about $60 in possible extra tags and stamps) and boat launches (commonly $20 per day)... oh yeah, sometimes they can't even launch their own boat on a lake... they have to rent one! All of our WA Fish and Wildlife boat launches are free with a license purchase.

I'm as much of a critic as anyone about government spending, but the Department of Fish and Wildlife is far from ripping anyone off. They have been working on a shoestring budget forever. I think they're doing a great job considering the flux in job security, money, and large amount of bureaucracy they deal with.

Chris

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #3 - 07/14/09 at 01:28:05
Quote Print Post  
Very well said Sarge. Cool

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #4 - 07/15/09 at 13:40:38
Quote Print Post  
Wonder how that will impact children who don't yet have to purchase a license, will they too be able to fish with 2 poles?  Guess we'll see as it comes about.  I for one will gladly pay to fish with 2 poles as I often fish for walleye, panfish, etc but if I were strictly a bass fisherman, and since I can't use live bait, I would never have the need as I can only work one jig at a time Smiley

As for the standard license fee's, I don't think Washington is outrageous considering the fishing opportunities in this state.  I've seen comparable prices in states with a lot less quality fishing areas.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 07/15/09 at 16:46:57
Quote Print Post  
Well by no means did I want to imply that Department of Fish and Wildlife is wasting money.
The F&G I am sure get the short end of the stick in the deal. Correct me if I am wrong but the $$ goes to the general fund and thats were the waste begins.
As for the 2 poles Only allowing 1 pole was the most retarded rule ever If you can only keep x number of fish then who cares how many poles you have in the water when you hit the limit your done.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/15/09 at 18:14:12
Quote Print Post  
Bass,

Thats our bassackwards state for you. When you can't fish with live bait other than worms it makes it tuff for those that don't know how to use lures.

Russ

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/16/09 at 00:41:06
Quote Print Post  
Just want to clarify a point that Glenn made...

State Park boat launches are run by the Washington State Parks Department, which is separate from the Department of Fish and Wildlife. DFW launches are still free.

And, I am also tired of high city launch fees. I won't get started, but I've sent several letters to cities.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/16/09 at 00:43:23
Quote Print Post  
BassAholic, a statement from the WDFW website:

Where do license fees go? What percentage goes into the State General Fund or other funds NOT for use by WDFW?

79% goes to the State Wildlife Account 13% of that money goes to Other WDFW controlled accounts 5% goes to the General Fund

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #9 - 07/17/09 at 01:21:45
Quote Print Post  
I do think based on what I see while fishing on American Lake, the active duty soldiers are up on the state, all I saw there where allready using more then one rod. One guy had 5 lines in the water.  What chaps my hide is that the city of Lakewood patrols both the lake and the state boat launch and they go right on by these people clearly violating current law and don't write them a ticket for using more than one rod.  Or at least give them a verbal warning.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/17/09 at 23:03:12
Quote Print Post  
BassAholic wrote on 07/13/09 at 21:53:39:
Unclear what a fishing license will cost now But IMO this is a load of BS we pay way to much right now How is it when I went to Idaho the fee for residence was like $35 for a fishing & hunting license and I can only get a freshwater license for that here.
Fish license, boat launch fees, Trailer tabs, boat tabs wow they sure know how to run a budget Tax more spend more its the Government way.

It always pays to check when out of state. When I was in Ohio to fish lake Erie was a good example. I ended up buying a non-resident yearly liscense. It was $40. If I had just gotten a 3 day I would have had to buy 2 of them and it would have been just two dollars less. I was glad I spent the 2 dollars as I went one other day with my nephews at a local lake. I would have ended up having to buy another 3 day or just not go. Read the print and do the math when you are away from home........

So if any of you want to go fishing in Ohio with me for the rest of the year I am good! Those Erie smallies are a kick!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/10/09 at 16:54:27
Quote Print Post  
UPDATE: New two-pole option is official.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=aug1009a

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/10/09 at 22:22:55
Quote Print Post  
Cool, I can run two carolina rigs off the back and have my limit in no time Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #13 - 08/11/09 at 04:27:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ, it looks like running the double carolina rig drag won't be allowed on the big local lakes.  I'll keep my $20 reserved for Senko's,  one rod at a time is good for me.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 08/14/09 at 00:23:46
Quote Print Post  
Your know what that means don't you?  Another rules discussion about Western's tournaments.  Will we limit the contestants to one rod or two if they have the license option?  What fun!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo