Normal Topic lake Goodwin (Read 3786 times)
bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

lake Goodwin
07/21/09 at 01:48:48
Quote Print Post  
Well, had never been on this body of water before and since I will be doing a night tourney there this weekend ,decided to check it out. Did pretty well, caught a 4.9, 3.4 2.6 and a bunch of dinks as well. Am glad I went to check it out though cause I would have had some major damage to the boat due to hazardous. Thanks for the advice  guys.

Thomas

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: lake Goodwin
Reply #1 - 07/21/09 at 04:48:31
Quote Print Post  
Now thats a fine day of fishing !  I plan on going to that tournament too Thomas.  I have been on the lake a few times, but years seperate my visits so hope I stay clear of the hazards. 
You didn't mention if they were all Smallies or not ?

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/21/09 at 14:40:22
Quote Print Post  
Just make sure you lock your valuables up. That ramp has a lot of car burglaries.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 07/22/09 at 01:41:51
Quote Print Post  
It sure is fun when that post spawn low is over, nice job!  Pics where are the pics? Good luck in the tourney.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/22/09 at 05:03:58
Quote Print Post  
Yea I still need a back seat for the tourny.  If anyone wants to go... let me know.  You can even go as my guest, if you are not a WA Bass club member. 

Thanks, Jon

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #5 - 07/24/09 at 02:10:38
Quote Print Post  
All were smallies and if I knew how to operate my digital camera (that I never use) I would have posted some pics. It is kind of like this computer, it takes me awhile just to post something on here. Unfortunately, I never took typing in school so I am at the two fingers mercy.

Jon, give me a call, I have a back seat for you if you would like.

Thomas
 206-992-5574

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/25/09 at 03:03:01
Quote Print Post  
There are some good largemouth there too. Senkos and spinnerbaits around the docks have worked for me. Crankbaits around the points and rocks for smallies.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 07/29/09 at 03:41:41
Quote Print Post  
My only weighable fish from last weekends night tournament.  3.99 lb on a Super Pop-R.  Tourny was from 8:30pm-6am, and this fish slammed my topwater 10 minutes before weigh-in.  Luckily I was still awake and cohearant.  
There was a 12 inch minimum length limit.  I had two fish that went 11 inches and a 8 incher before dark.  At around 3am I caught 2 trout drop shotting.  It was a fun experience but made for a dangerous drive home.   Undecided

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo