Normal Topic Potholes... (Read 3159 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Potholes...
05/15/09 at 03:54:45
Quote Print Post  
Someone outside the club wanted to see these pics so I am re-posting them...

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Potholes...
Reply #1 - 05/15/09 at 04:27:37
Quote Print Post  
nice excuse mr sullivan...  Cool

troy

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 05/18/09 at 15:11:43
Quote Print Post  
I'm pleased that you had good luck fishing on the Holes Glenn, and I'm sorry I passed you by on Hi Way 18 Friday.  I didn't recognise your truck with a camper on it.  It finally hit me who it was broken down  when I was way past your location with no turnaround available.
Fishin was pretty good on Moses also.

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 05/21/09 at 23:44:43
Quote Print Post  
Som and I went to the Potholes Reservoir and fished it Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday was tough with heavy winds and big waves, but we managed 6 smallies. We were 1 of 2 boats on the lake that day. It was brutal. On Wednesday the weather was nicer, but started out cold and windy. Som managed 2 smallies and 1 nice largie. I managed 2 smallies, a 4.8lb largie and an 8lb walleye that was caught on a jig. It was tough sight fishing with the winds, but did catch 3 of the smallmouths caught were off a protected flat on beds...all males. Best 5 on Wednesday went 18.8lbs.

Sorry, I don't know how to post pics on this site.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 05/23/09 at 15:20:17
Quote Print Post  
Fished May 18, 19, too windy and dangerous the 20th, and back out the 21st and 22nd.  Water level was super high, caught a 3.6 large mouth on Monday in the Crab Creek area of the dunes just on the south side of the power lines.  Explored all over the dunes and was able to go all the way up ( where does a man go?) and didn't find any more largies.  Was interesting to go way up Lind Coulee and did get a few good smallies up there. In the main lake did find a protected cove that was loaded with spawning smallmouth and had a good time in there catching 2 - 3 lb males, wife had one jump and shook the hook that looked like it would have gone 5 lbs. This was my second time on the lake in the spring time, still have a lot to learn to catch them green fish on this lake.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/18/09 at 04:19:49
Quote Print Post  
I'm guessing the protected cove on the main lake was Medicare beach??? Carlos and I hit Potholes for 3 days and Moses Lake for 2 more over Memorial Day Weekend. We slayed them everyday. We were in the 19-20 pound of five best everyday. Best came off Moses Lake in a 6-4 slob Carlos picked off. On Moses Lake we came upon a few stretches were we could see really big fish just slowly cruising but were not interested in anything. they just about swam through Carlos' legs off the back of the boat at one time. Oh yeah, and we saw a fish in the dunes that was pushing 7-8 lbs or bigger on Potholes. We could not believe the size of this thing. It blended in with two big carp at one point. We were sick that she wouldn't take a bait. There were 3 more around here in the 3-4 lbs class. Wish I had that much fun and success during "T" time.......

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo