Normal Topic Lake Washington again (Read 3749 times)
biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Lake Washington again
04/22/09 at 03:05:14
Quote Print Post  
The weather was to nice to complete the day at work so skipped out early and went fishing. Water tem was 55 to 60, depending on location. Tough north wind blowing but I managed to get 3 in the boat. Two cookie cutter 3 lbers on suspending crank baits and a 4 lber on a shakie head. All in less than 10 ft of water.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Lake Washington again
Reply #1 - 04/29/09 at 00:44:03
Quote Print Post  
I went out today and took a member from another forum and we managed 11 between the two of us from 1-4lbs along with some dinks.  The biggest five went 16-17lbs.  Fish were caught on cranks, jerkbait and dropshot.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/04/09 at 03:01:11
Quote Print Post  
I went out Friday (May 1st) around 1:00 in the afternoon - the wind was blowing, but I managed to put 11 in the boat using several kinds of crankbaits - all caught in 4 to 8 feet.  The largest was 4# 9oz. 

NOTE:  I started out at the Boeing Plant in Renton fishing the shallows around the creek.  I got three right away in only 12 casts when suddenly a man in an airport truck supporting a bullhorn demanded I leave.  When I asked him why - he pointed to a new sign that apparently said you have to be at least 1500 feet from the end of the runway.  I have to take his word for it, because I was still so far away from it I couldn't read it.  When I asked him how far back 1500 feet was, he refused to answer and just keep waving me to back off.  For 15 years I have been fishing that area - and for some reason it is now off limits?  I left disappointed. 

The rest of the fish came from areas close to spawning fields in the East Channel, (with the exception of a couple that came off the I-90 bridge).  The crankbaits allowed me to cover tons of water fast.  I saw a couple of other folks that had a couple of fish caught on plastics and their fish were also caught in shallow water.  Lots of boats were going in and out of the canals - but I'm loosing my interest in that area - it is beat up so much now a days. 

Still, a good day on the lake.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 05/04/09 at 05:01:16
Quote Print Post  
Nice report.  I fished that area once and I was so shallow I could barely run the motor and no one said a word.  Must be a new safety rule.  Oh well, what can you do.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/09 at 05:51:46
Quote Print Post  
I barely go into the canal now.  I'll work it real fast sometimes, but won't pound it like I used to.  Lots of pressure and would rather work new areas.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #5 - 05/11/09 at 04:52:36
Quote Print Post  
Took my nephew and Som out today and after blanking out on Sammamish, we decided to hit Washington where we boated 8 from 1.5-3.4lbs in 4 hours of fishing.  Lots of boat traffic and lots of people pre-fishing.

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/11/09 at 13:40:29
Quote Print Post  
How deep were you catchin em says?

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/03/09 at 05:40:54
Quote Print Post  
I took my buddy out Monday - it was a beautiful day, but the wind was from the north.  We managed to get 6 but it was tough.  I fished where all the beds were a couple of weeks ago and not a nibble - so perhaps the small males are post spawn now too.  The six we got came in 8 to 12 feet but there really wasn't a solid pattern.  From docks, to flats, to grasslines - no two fish were found in the same location and took everything from plastics to cranks.  Still, any day out on the water with a good buddy, sunshine, and plenty of food... is a good day!

IP Logged

shasts
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/03/09 at 22:25:23
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chuck,

Do you remember the water temp in the areas you fished.... Sounds like you think they are mostly done spawning? aka "Scattered"

Steve

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/04/09 at 18:31:02
Quote Print Post  
East channel 67-69 degrees as of last thursday.  Lake Desire a scorching 80  Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo