Normal Topic Online Lake Maps (Read 2222 times)
Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Online Lake Maps
02/13/09 at 01:03:02
Quote Print Post  
I vaugely recall someone posting something about an online site that has lake topo maps.  Does anyone know of such a site?

Jeff I.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Online Lake Maps
Reply #1 - 02/13/09 at 03:13:22
Quote Print Post  
washingtonlakes.com has topo maps for some lakes i believe

troy

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/13/09 at 05:13:23
Quote Print Post  
Some sites have Topo maps. I have not found many with extremely good ones. If you were looking for maps you can find on your computer, Navionics Hotmaps Explorer is a good one. It is fairly inexspensive and it is just a CD that you can put in and access all the maps that Navionics Offers.

If you are looking for free, Washingtonlakes.com is probably the best.
www.Navionics.com

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #3 - 02/14/09 at 00:53:24
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, I have been to the Washington Lakes maps and they are not the quality that I'm hoping for.  The site that I remember someone talking about had the real detailed topo maps but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks anyway.

Jeff

IP Logged

shasts
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/18/09 at 04:26:32
Quote Print Post  
Jeff,

Give http://www.mapcard.com/ a try. I chose to purchase a yearly subscription last year for the first time. What I like is putting Topo over the top of a satellite image maps. It take a little getting used to, in general its not as easy to use as google maps, but I have found that a great many of the satellite images maps are better than google. So topo plus images, makes it a good tool for preparation. They print just fine also. It appears they have a professional service this year with downloads. I am interested to see what all this has to offer as I had the standard membership last year.

One final tip, it is only 20 bucks a year and is username and password, so you might get a friend to or two to go in on a membership.......was that my outside voice saying that......

Good luck,

Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo