Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) November Guest Speaker (Read 6057 times)
Nick-Barr
Ex Member

November Guest Speaker
11/11/08 at 01:31:37
Quote Print Post  
Hi everyone,

I have been busy with Football and School, and trying to find a speaker. I have been searching around and for some reason this month is not working out for anyone. I am still working on it and will get back to you all ASAP

ANY IDEAS or SUGGESTIONS?

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: November Guest Speaker
Reply #1 - 11/11/08 at 04:15:12
Quote Print Post  
i think before they have done a tourney recap speech.  maybe we can get top three finishers from each tournament to dig back into there memory banks and tell what worked for them, things that led to there success, etc.  just an idea

troy

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/11/08 at 04:50:03
Quote Print Post  
Troy, good Idea, I will look into it. Do the top finishers at the tournament get up and speak about how they won at the tournaments? They did when I was fishing the club tournaments.

-Nick

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #3 - 11/11/08 at 06:49:21
Quote Print Post  
I like Troy's idea, draw from the talent and knowledge from within the club.  Other suggestions, Marc Marcantonio on drop shot and fizzing bass. Or a Lowrance rep on use of GPS.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 11/11/08 at 12:25:12
Quote Print Post  
I think they mean the club tournaments Rodney...and yes Nick...we have had the top three stand and tell what worked for them.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #5 - 11/11/08 at 18:15:56
Quote Print Post  
Phil could give a talk on how to hunt with one leg  Grin

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/12/08 at 05:31:07
Quote Print Post  
that is some funny stuff right there  Grin

troy

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/13/08 at 06:08:05
Quote Print Post  
I have a couple prospects, I contacted the Humminbird Rep and asked if he could do a seminar on Side imaging and the new humminbird products and the same with Jeff Boyer/Lowrance.

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/17/08 at 06:22:02
Quote Print Post  
Jeff Boyer will be glad to come in during the spring, he is currently going to be busy with the California BassAThon.

So for November, Mark Maderos has volunteered to talk aout his experiences as a boater in the BASS Qualifiers and the regional at Lake Cour'd Alene and I will double up talking about my experiences as a non boater in the FLW Qualifers this past season.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 11/18/08 at 03:43:29
Quote Print Post  
Nick,  the rep from Hummingbird regarding the side imaging would still be a good speaker also,  Maybe he could give some good hand outs on how it really works and the pro's/con's versus the standard imaging we are use to.

I've often wondered just how accurate it is.  If it's as good as they advertise, it should be far better than Lowrance but I can't say I know anyone who has it?  Would still be a good speaker for the club.

Chuck Pigue

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 11/18/08 at 03:57:05
Quote Print Post  
I am working on that Chuck. I have not been able to get ahold of him by email, but I will see him at OE Customer Appreciation Day or the Sportsman Show. I will make sure to try and get him for future meeting.

It was kinda funny, but I contacted over 10 different people to speak at this months meeting and they are either going to be at the BassAThon, FLW East/West Fishoff, or have family obligations. Looks like November is a busy time for everyone.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 11/18/08 at 04:00:48
Quote Print Post  
hey chuck i used to think if it was so good why are all the pros not using humminbird...however i read a post on another site stating just the opposite.  they had a bunch of pics of pros from an official prefish day with both lowrances and humminbirds on their boat.  i guess they use them to prefish and then take them off the boat for the tournament because of sponsor obligations.

troy

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/19/08 at 03:26:00
Quote Print Post  
This is why I love our website.  Have a question and your sure to get alot of information quick and truthful (at least most of the times except where to fish....we all hide the spots), but anyway thanks Troy and Glenn for the information.  Will check out the website for the HDS....interesting also to hear about how many different uses and how the pro's are using the different brands for pre fish versus the actual tournament.   Again, thanks for the info guys.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #13 - 11/29/08 at 18:04:29
Quote Print Post  
Nick, have to say great job you have been doing. I just thought of another possible topic that could be covered. Seeing how the price of digital cameras have really come down combined with the fact that we all like to have good fish pictures. Maybe a photography expert could give us a short talk on how to get the best in outdoor/fish pictures.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo