Normal Topic Lake Goodwin (Read 886 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Lake Goodwin
08/09/08 at 04:18:45
Quote Print Post  
Fished Lake Goodwin last Sunday with a colleague from work and his son. We could not buy a Smallie bite bigger than 1Lb - but we did have some fun after lunch with a couple of nice Largemouth. We spotted them cruising in 4ft of water near some docks, they followed a white spinnerbait for about 20ft but would not hit it. We fished on past them and circled back round about 20 minutes later. I pitched a 4" slim Senko, missed the target and wound up behind the bigger fish, Paul pitched a twin-tailed grub right in his face. It spooked the fish and made it turn around, then it saw the Senko and just HAMMERED it!!! Nearly ripped the rod out of my hand. We weighed it at 4lbs 9oz, nice and feisty. As soon as I get the picture, I'll figure out how to post it here.

Tomorrow, I'll be at Lake WA, mainly to replace the rotten bunk boards on the trailer. If anyone else has a similar issue let me know, I sourced the bunk carpets, timber and fittings for a really good price and built the bunks in about an hour and a half over two days. If all goes well, fitting should take about an hour and then I go fish!!!

Faz

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo