Normal Topic Fishing and Hunting News *SAD* (Read 1543 times)
Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Fishing and Hunting News *SAD*
08/04/08 at 01:37:43
Quote Print Post  
I am here to give the sad news to all Fisherman and Hunters that one of the most informative outdoors magazines, FISHING AND HUNTING NEWS, founded in 1954 is now closed. The last publication was the August 7th edition.

Outdoor Empire Publishing BASED IN BOTHELL, has decided due to the Outdoor Industry consolidation and the GLOOMY ECONOMIC outlook that they are closing the doors to the Magazine and will be attempting to sell what they can from it.

SAD...SAD....SAD, one publication that you could count on, goes down the drain.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Fishing and Hunting News *SAD*
Reply #1 - 08/04/08 at 02:08:33
Quote Print Post  
What?  Thats crazy.  Too bad.  At least the top dawg Tag Watson got on the cover before its demise.  Thats too bad.  I read your articles in the mag to Nick.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/04/08 at 04:51:16
Quote Print Post  
I've known about this for some time since we are in the same business. We purchased some of the Outdoor Empire equipment when they tore the plant down. I agree it is very sad.

Faz

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/04/08 at 06:30:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Chris for reading the articles, Its kinda cool to be published in the LAST FH News....but very sad at the same time, I enjoyed starting to write for them and was looking forward to writing for them in the future.

There is word of a New underground BASS magazine starting to take shape.........to fill the void of any more bass coverage in the Northwest besides Bass Anglers Guide and BassWest. WATCH OUT.............................................................................

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/04/08 at 22:13:26
Quote Print Post  
Nick, BassWest was a good magazine and it disappeared for a while and is back now I believe, at least on line and I believe in print.  They use to attend the Puyallup show and offer good items to sign up for 5 years or so.  Probably would be a good idea for them to offer something up here in the Northwest again.

Sorry about your writing gig, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere else to write a tale or two.

Chuck P

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/04/08 at 22:26:27
Quote Print Post  
Like you said Chuck, BassWest USA is still going. It is now under the reigns of a very credible guy who is going to take the magazine places....guys name is Jamie Cyphers, he is also the Legend Boats western region rep.

Bass Anglers Guide is also starting to be carried up here in the NW with most of the local shops should have some laying around, I know Outdoor Emporium and Walt's Anglers Choice carry it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo