Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) August Fish-In!! (Read 5116 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

August Fish-In!!
07/16/08 at 04:15:55
Quote Print Post  
Heres the scoop!!
Hows a Li'l Night Fish-In?
say August 2nd..Sat. Night.....Lake Sawyer....again...so its not too far for most folks to go....trying to work a deal with Black Diamond City for a break on the launch fee so will see when I get over there Thursday......
Lookin at around 8PM till whenever....maybe have Papa Johns pizza delivered again like a few years back!!
Should have more answers by the meeting or in the next week! Larry.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: August Fish-In!!
Reply #1 - 07/16/08 at 22:19:46
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Would love to be there but will be fishing the Valley Marine event at Banks.

Have fun,

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 07/31/08 at 03:49:46
Quote Print Post  
Ok, now I for one have never been to Lake Sawyer and this is a good excuse to fish a new lake.  What roads do I travel to get there from Tacoma. Lets start my directions I'm going to guess by heading east on Hiway 512 to.........

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 07/31/08 at 05:10:06
Quote Print Post  
For those not familiar with how to get there you take hwy 18 eastbound from I-5 or hwy 167 till you get to the s/e 272nd exit at Covington. Make a right to go eastbound thru Covington up to 216th ave s/e. Make a right turn and travel approx 1.3 miles to the first left after the fire station....if you see a spillway at the lake on your left you have gone too far as it is two streets before the spillway and it is signed "Boat Launch" on a standard brown sign. 

I thought of doing Pizza but with the summer comes small totals of people so how many are going???
Me....
Jose as always.....

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/31/08 at 15:44:15
Quote Print Post  
I believe that I will be bringing the Mrs. Krystofiak  Kiss with me.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 07/31/08 at 18:53:08
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I believe that I will be bringing the Mrs. Krystofiak  Kiss with me.

Grin Night fish-in, you bring the wife.  Day fish-in, a fishing buddy.  What you planning on doing out there  ???  Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/31/08 at 21:35:21
Quote Print Post  
I once had a "good Time" out on Lake Fenwick...that might explain why the fish never bite out there Shocked

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #7 - 08/02/08 at 01:08:58
Quote Print Post  
I'm going to be there, did me a Google maps search and your directions are pretty good there Larry. The satellite view looks good.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 08/02/08 at 01:58:29
Quote Print Post  
Five rigs to tie up......
1).Buzz bait....black if you got one....have seen folks do well with Chartreuse/white.
2). Top water hard bait...Pop R, Torpedoe..walking baits etc...
3). Frogs.
4). Senko.
5). Lizard, Texas Rigged.
These should catch the majority of whats out there and in the dead of night might have to dropshot deep dropoffs.
Look forward to getting out as my boat just got back home after a $430.00 vacation to Anglers Marine for a fuel Leak repair and Thanks to Bob Higbee and the gang....Bob spent alot of time showing me exactly what the computer had registered in the memory program and gave me some tips on how to keep the motor strong.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 08/02/08 at 03:23:21
Quote Print Post  
I may have to stop by in the 9 foot plastic  Tongue  I'll be fishing most of the day, so hopefully I'll have enough left in me to come out.  Damn why didn't I buy any floating swimbaits  Cry

Whats the deal on the parking passes, if we buy one are we going to be safe?  I definetly won't last til midnight  Embarrassed

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #10 - 08/02/08 at 03:46:22
Quote Print Post  
Never got a valid answer from the Police guys...they said to talk to the night shift guys....hope to run into one tommorrow night but it looks like ten bucks......I can park several rigs at my house if folks want to shuttle back-n-forth.

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #11 - 08/02/08 at 18:46:18
Quote Print Post  
Hey L arry, I canceled my trip to Alder so that I can fish a new body of water. Never fished at night on this side of the mountains. It shall be a new experience. See you there.

Thomas

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/02/08 at 22:49:46
Quote Print Post  
I unfortunately am backing out of the fish-in tonight.   Undecided  I am however going to take the wife out to fish and hopefully going to catch some big fish.  Without the kids today, we are going out to dinner and a movie.  Have fun, don't hurt the skiers, and catch the bigone!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #13 - 08/04/08 at 02:30:52
Quote Print Post  
Had 11 people and 5 boats at the fish-in at Sawyer Saturday night and all boats reported fish especially right before sundown as the bite stopped almost as the darkness fell!
The ProCraft had three anglers from 8 till midnight and most of the bigger fish including a 4 pound Smally were caught on dropshot rigs before 8 PM!...several smaller fish on a tube and only one on a top water rig.
Heres a pic of the Smally....you'll note my "Smile" as the Skeeter bugs were having their way with me!

Thanks to all who attended making it all worth the while....(As I sit here scratching the bites!!!) Wink

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 08/04/08 at 02:56:28
Quote Print Post  
Wow that a pig Larry.  Sorry I didn't make it.  I was in pierce fishing Clear lake for the first time and couldn't give up knowing the topwater bite was near.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo