Normal Topic Portable battery chargers (Read 779 times)
Rwfaz
Ex Member

Portable battery chargers
06/15/08 at 19:49:20
Quote Print Post  
For those who do not have an on-board charger (like me), check these out. I have the older VECO88 model and it is easily the very best charger I have had (I went through three well known brands in 3 years..... I've had the Vector for almost 5 years now, using it as we speak)

http://www.battery-rechargeable-charger.com/auto-vector-car-battery-charger-prod...

I'm thinking of buying a second one and will probably go to the 2/10/30amp model 1097A - my current one is 2/6/12amp. The price on the 1089A is only $10 more than I paid almost 5 years ago and it is still higher rated at 2/10/15

Faz

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Portable battery chargers
Reply #1 - 06/17/08 at 00:04:54
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Faz,  I have purchased two Sears brand and will never do it again.  They don't last or work like they should.  I'm thinking of getting a new one - so your input is helpful.  If anyone else has a good recommendation - I'd like to hear about it too.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: Portable battery chargers
Reply #2 - 06/17/08 at 13:46:26
Quote Print Post  
That portable that Faz is talking about is the real McCoy! Cool  I had to borrow it once and it did the trick.  Since then I've noticed that Vector makes the same model and markets it under several different names.  I think i saw one at Joe's for sale not too long ago, but I just can't remember the name. Undecided

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo