Normal Topic Ticketing Boats with Milfoil on the trailers... (Read 1535 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Ticketing Boats with Milfoil on the trailers...
06/17/08 at 00:28:29
Quote Print Post  
Saturday I was fishing Lake Washington, and when I was trailering the boat, the friendly Fisheries folks were there checking my trailer for any indications of hanging milfoil or other aquatic vegetation.  The guy told me that "they" were ticketing all boats with a heavy fine once they got out on the road.  He gave me the impression that there was an active movement among enforcement folks to start nailing the trailers with veggies hanging down. 

I mention this to 1) warn those of you who are out fishing to check your trailer before taking off from your favorite lake, and 2) I wish I had asked who "they" were doing the enforcement.  Does anyone know?  Are the sheriff's department also in on this?  All agencies?  Just the fish and game folks?  Or do you think this was just a scare tactic?   And 3) Anyone know what the fine is for transporting aquatic vegetation?  I should have asked these question on Saturday but I was in a hurry, and it wasn't until I got home that I developed an "inquiring mind".

Reminds me, a nice salad with dinner would be good...

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Re: Ticketing Boats with Milfoil on the trailers..
Reply #1 - 06/17/08 at 01:58:13
Quote Print Post  
I don't know but I had a guy who said he was from WDFW check my boat for the same stuff last week or so, but he wasn't real chatty about it?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 06/17/08 at 02:45:27
Quote Print Post  
The friendly fisheries guys, must have been the coast guard volunteers, or something to that matter.  They told me that my boat letters were not a contrasting color to the hull, and my Blue sticker was on the wrong side of the numbers DOH.  Oh well, I'll run it for another year (3 yrs without a problem) and if I get a ticket or get cited I'll contact Crazy Elvis on BBC  Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #3 - 06/17/08 at 03:37:20
Quote Print Post  
Was this just at the Lake Wa. ramps, or other lakes?  Just curious where they're targeting.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/17/08 at 04:37:18
Quote Print Post  
My friend has a wakeboard boat that he moors on Lake WA. He was out a few weeks ago sitting still while cleaning his boat and was threatened with a ticket because his boat numbers, while they were a contrasting color (yellow on a black hull), were not conforming because they fade into less contrast from bottom to top. (They look cool). They gave him a warning. He said it was a WDFW officer.

He said the guy was NOT nice at all.

Stu

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #5 - 06/17/08 at 13:51:28
Quote Print Post  
All this must have been occuring at Coulon.  I launched at Atlantic Ave and saw no one. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #6 - 06/17/08 at 21:41:55
Quote Print Post  
I was checked on a saturday at silver.  The guy said they (fisheries) were mainly looking for milfoil, but I think any vegetation hanging off the trailer can probably get you a ticket or warning?  This guy seemed friendly enough, but I don't think I've ever seen any milfoil in silver?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo